PDA

View Full Version : power grip jaws

hughie
17th May 2013, 01:02 PM
I have run into a slight problem. I am looking for a set of Nova Power Grip Jaws PJSN It seems now that they dont sell the Titan here in Oz these jaws are not available. Hopefully someone has some old stock or a set they are willing to part with

Skew ChiDAMN!!
17th May 2013, 01:48 PM
I thought that the 'thing' about the Powergrips & Titan was that the jaws were each mounted with three chuck screws?

Obviously not... but now I'm wondering what chuck/jaw combo I am thinking about! :think:

Pat
17th May 2013, 02:19 PM
Skew, you are right. My Titan version Powergrip are 3 screws and my SN2 version Powergrip are 2 screws. To my memory they are not interchangeable.

Hughie, not for love or money will I give up either set of Powergrip jaws. :q

ian thorn
17th May 2013, 07:46 PM
are they the 80 mm ones you are asking for , If you want and are prepared to pay the freight I can check out my supplies provider here just let me know .But you cant have mine ether as they are so good .you can pm me if you want

Cheers Ian

pommyphil
17th May 2013, 08:08 PM
I've got a set here next to the computer that I was going to put on ebay next week with some other stuff

The box says " TK-PJSN power grip. Made in NZ " Nothing written on the jaws and center punch dots 1-4.

80mm X 30mm internally and only two screw holes per jaw. Was going to put them on at $40 + postage

hughie
18th May 2013, 12:47 AM
I've got a set here next to the computer that I was going to put on ebay next week with some other stuff

The box says " TK-PJSN power grip. Made in NZ " Nothing written on the jaws and center punch dots 1-4.

80mm X 30mm internally and only two screw holes per jaw. Was going to put them on at $40 + postage

Done! Sounds good can you put a pic up? I'm up in Newcastle from time to time, if not I'll put up for the postage etc.

pommyphil
18th May 2013, 07:43 AM
Good, no problem. I'm off to Syd in an hour but will have no spare time. Will post

Pics when I get home. I'll be at 's demo on Sat. 1st if that helps.

Cheers Phil

hughie
18th May 2013, 09:26 AM
Good, no problem. I'm off to Syd in an hour but will have no spare time. Will post

Pics when I get home. I'll be at 's demo on Sat. 1st if that helps.

Cheers Phil

OK thats fine. 's, not sure if If I 'm going as yet.

pommyphil
19th May 2013, 12:20 PM
Pic as promised268421 Phil

hughie
19th May 2013, 06:06 PM
Pic as promised268421 Phil

Yep, there the ones.

nz_carver
20th May 2013, 02:04 AM
If I'm there I can pick them up if you can pick them up off me ??

WOODbTURNER
20th May 2013, 11:54 AM
There's a used Titan chuck and jaws on ebay from USA for au$102 + $20 odd for postage

pommyphil
20th May 2013, 12:12 PM
Hughie If you want to go for the Titan I'm happy to ebay

my jaws and chucks as planned. :) Phil

hughie
20th May 2013, 06:40 PM
Hughie If you want to go for the Titan I'm happy to ebay

my jaws and chucks as planned. :) Phil

Phil if you PM your bank details I will do a direct deposit and you can put em in the post. As I only need the Jaws for my spare Titan chuck.

cheers

hughie

pommyphil
21st May 2013, 12:08 PM
Hughie PM sent

Did this thread vanish for a while this morning ?? :?:? Phil

Sawdust Maker
22nd May 2013, 09:29 PM
There seem to be two sets of power grip jaws
those that fit a titan and those that fit a SN2
not sure about relative sizes but think the titan set are bigger

hughie
23rd May 2013, 07:22 PM
There seem to be two sets of power grip jaws
those that fit a titan and those that fit a SN2
not sure about relative sizes but think the titan set are bigger

Not sure I have both SN2 and Titan on the SN2 i have a set of power grip jaws. It may depend on the number of holes in the Titan. With mine one has two and the has three.

Jim Carroll
23rd May 2013, 08:14 PM
There was 2 sets of power grip jaws.

The 100mm size compatible the the supernova 2 chucks with 2 screws and the 130mm size suitable for the Titan chuck with 3 screws.

You could fit the 130mm ones onto the supernova as the 2 screw holes lined up, you just had to be carefull not to put too big a peice in the chuck and it is seated properly on the face of the jaws ans went as deep as possible into the jaws with out touching the bottom. Also only open the jaws 6-8mm.

Rod Gilbert
23rd May 2013, 08:35 PM
My Titan came with 100mm power grip jaws with 2 holes I am sure I bought it from Gary Pye about 6 years ago. The chuck has 3 holes.
Regards Rod.

Sawdust Maker
23rd May 2013, 08:45 PM
There was 2 sets of power grip jaws.

The 100mm size compatible the the supernova 2 chucks with 2 screws and the 130mm size suitable for the Titan chuck with 3 screws.

You could fit the 130mm ones onto the supernova as the 2 screw holes lined up, you just had to be carefull not to put too big a peice in the chuck and it is seated properly on the face of the jaws ans went as deep as possible into the jaws with out touching the bottom. Also only open the jaws 6-8mm.

Thanks Jim!