PDA

View Full Version : A Few Days with

Swino
26th May 2013, 07:05 PM
I've had the pleasure of visiting the Coast for the past few days. Below is a brief outline with more photos (and videos) to come:

Wednesday: Trip to Vicmarc with Neil (Dai Sensai), Dave (NZ Carver), and a fellow Gold Coast Woodie to have a look around and test drive a new lathe. It was a great day which will expand on at a later date. I have photographic evidence that turns bowls :o and have even introduced him to burls :oo:

Thursday: I had the pleasure of having , Neil (Dai Sensai), Dave (NZ Carver) and John (Gawdhelpus) around my place. I'm in the middle of shed reno's so the place was a bit of a mess. It was even more of a mess after roughing down a large piece of Red Cedar :C

Friday: came to our local club to run a workshop for the Club's tutors. It was a great day where we all got to remember and re-learn the foundations of woodturning.

Saturday: was again at our club to run a beginners course in woodturning. Most members had little experience with the dreaded skew and walked away with a new confidence and understanding of it's uses.

Sunday: Today run his last hands on workshop for this visit focussed on turning Cabriole (I hope I got the spelling write) legs. It was another great day of fun and turning.

I've attached a few photos and will upload more when I have a chance.

nz_carver
26th May 2013, 07:21 PM
I'm happy to say it has Been a grate trip at short notice.

As much as we DID TRY we had no luck at killing that vicmarc lathe and trust me we did try hard that poor lathe took a pounding.

I'd like to thank Vicmarc for letting us play on the new lathe and for the trip around the shop to show us how everything is made
Still Australian made and owned !!!

Todd Id like to thank your lovely wife for letting you out to play with Neil, and myself for the last 5 days.

Wood Nut
26th May 2013, 08:11 PM
Boy, that itinerary is going to be hard to beat, especially in Clarence Town. Looks like the Gold Coast Woodies had a great time.

Pleased to see Neil is still smiling after the cost of his trip down south.

NZ (Dave) - you only had to travel up the F3 this coming weekend to see . I thought you would have booked in by now, especially with Ross coming up.

Look forward to seeing soon - not too sure when he will arrive but shall give him a call.

Cheers

nz_carver
26th May 2013, 08:44 PM
Boy, that itinerary is going to be hard to beat, especially in Clarence Town. Looks like the Gold Coast Woodies had a great time.

Pleased to see Neil is still smiling after the cost of his trip down south.

NZ (Dave) - you only had to travel up the F3 this coming weekend to see . I thought you would have booked in by now, especially with Ross coming up.

Look forward to seeing soon - not too sure when he will arrive but shall give him a call.

Cheers
Ill send Ross a pm I'm not 100% what my plans are at this point.

dai sensei
26th May 2013, 08:49 PM
Thanks for posting Todd, sorry I didn't take any photos of you turning :-

Apart from the above, I've had and his wife Julie here since the wood show, and Dave since before the show. Has been great to have the great company and doing so much turning at the club and about. Not over yet though, another day at the club tomorrow playing with the deep boring bar, then a finishing demo by tomorrow night at the club :2tsup:

I won't know what to do when they go :C

Dorno
26th May 2013, 09:34 PM
Looks like a great time was had by you all and now with heading down south i look forward to looking and learning during 's demo. i also hope to catch up with as many from the forum as i can.

Cheers Ian

Gra
26th May 2013, 09:39 PM
Have your stocks of tea recovered from the onslaught :) ?

Wood Nut
26th May 2013, 10:14 PM
I won't know what to do when they go :C

Neil, you could just travel South again and keep them company. Plenty of space here in Clarence Town:)