PDA

View Full Version : squashed ball lamp

turnerted
28th May 2013, 05:56 PM
G'day
Here's my latest lamp.The base is 210mm diamx100mm thick and the overall height is 390mm . The base is ti-tree and the stem, sally wattle. The finish is DO.
Hope you like. Comments welcome.
Ted

spankingpigeon
28th May 2013, 06:00 PM
Nice job, i really like the base but i think the stem might be a bit tall:2tsup:

chuck1
28th May 2013, 06:18 PM
I like the idea!

turnerted
29th May 2013, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the comments
Spankinpigeon.I did a survey of commercial lamps in the house and this was the average height.If you make them too low they don't throw enough to read by.
Ted

wheelinround
29th May 2013, 05:16 PM
Like the style and shape Ted I got to wondering how it may have looked with alternate colours Light/dark

spankingpigeon
29th May 2013, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the comments
Spankinpigeon.I did a survey of commercial lamps in the house and this was the average height.If you make them too low they don't throw enough to read by.
Ted
ahh good point and i suppose it would look different when once the shade is on it

powderpost
29th May 2013, 10:54 PM
Hi Ted, Nice job. Would have been interesting to have laminated the base with a dark and light wood to match the spindle? Then you would have two lamps to match a different decor. :2tsup:
Jim

turnerted
30th May 2013, 05:49 PM
Laminating a couple of different timbers together for the base could be an interesting effect .You could have the back and front different or the left and right different or a combination of both.
Ted