PDA

View Full Version : red cedar table legs

chuck1
1st June 2013, 06:21 PM
here are some red cedar table legs 720 long and 550 turning and the last leg played up as I started turning the hollows, seem to release tension in timber and started to run out very annoying! so one leg is slightly narrower than the others!

nz_carver
1st June 2013, 06:50 PM
Nice work.
is it the 2nd one??

rustynail
1st June 2013, 11:32 PM
here are some red cedar table legs 720 long and 550 turning and the last leg played up as I started turning the hollows, seem to release tension in timber and started to run out very annoying! so one leg is slightly narrower than the others!

Tools may need a sharpen. Even though cedar is soft, it works much better with a real sharp edge.

A Duke
2nd June 2013, 12:26 AM
Not to worry, the only one that can put them together and compare them is you, once you have them on opposite corners of the table nobody will know and if they think they do tell them it's an illusion.
Regards

chuck1
2nd June 2013, 10:18 AM
second one yes
if you can't shave hair you can't turn with them!
very true about when they are apart! I'm not making the the table though!

smiife
2nd June 2013, 06:59 PM
hi chuck1,
they look good to me!!!!!!!!!
just one question ,,,why make ''4 x RED CEDAR TABLE LEGS''
if you are not making a table ???????????:doh::doh:
cheers smiife:2tsup:

chuck1
4th June 2013, 11:11 PM
my mate has more motivation than me, so when he asked if I could turn some legs I said ok!

Mobyturns
7th June 2013, 11:35 PM
:whistling2: nice legs! Some seriously good spindle turning there.

artme
9th June 2013, 10:10 AM
Good turning and a beaut replication of the old traditional style legs!!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

John K
10th June 2013, 08:25 PM
Well done chuck1. The legs will be put to good use on a colonial style hall table. Not in a great hurry but will put some shots up when completed in several months.
John k