PDA

View Full Version : Animalz

Kidbee
9th June 2013, 09:49 AM
I am wanting to turn up some of these toy animals for my grand children. Maybe some of you are not familar with them, but they are well made and come out of China.

Google them and you will find them.

I wonder if any of you have tried making them?

The legs and arms are connected by a braided reinforced rope material. Does anyone have an idea where I may source the latter?

HazzaB
9th June 2013, 10:22 AM
A pic would be nice. :rolleyes:

Crystal ball is a bit foggy this morning

HazzaB

Kidbee
9th June 2013, 10:43 AM
See them on this link: Home page (http://webshop.anamalz.com.au/)

Rope material is stiffened so animals can stand. Also needs to be non toxic.

Have been searching the web and have seen some with a ceramic filling but it may not be the right stuff as it is used in the electrical industry.

Kidbee
13th June 2013, 05:45 PM
No suggestions out there for this thread?

The animals would be great toys for children; could be turned on a very small lathe and also use small timber branches or timber scraps.

Osbojo
17th June 2013, 02:55 PM
I did a google search for you and found it in the US. It's called bendy rope but I don't think they ship overseas.

I had a go at making it which worked out quite well. Used some 8mm cotton sash cord and ran a piece of 1.5 sq mm copper wire through the middle. Not too hard and bendy as!

Hope this helps.

Kidbee
26th June 2013, 12:21 AM
Thanks Osjovo. Went to Spotlight today in the hope I may find some but no luck. I will give your method ago. Seems a good idea.

Evanism
26th June 2013, 12:39 AM
My wife used to sell them in her toy store. I saw one once that had popped apart.

It's the same hemp rope you buy from bunnings, the core is copper. Extract the thick stuff that runs through heavy electrical cable.