PDA

View Full Version : newly aquired combination table

microcorys
12th May 2005, 10:36 PM
Hi, I'm new to this site and have recently aquired at an amazingly low price an artisan combination saw table, jointer, thicknesser- 'Model T'.
Does anyone have any comments hints etc on this machine? I am assuming it is about 30 years old

Gumby
12th May 2005, 10:52 PM
Start looking for 30 year old wood. Old machines won't cut modern timbers. It's a compatabilty problem. :rolleyes:

Pat
12th May 2005, 10:58 PM
That's a very cruel comment, funny but cruel to a new member. :) Seriously Micro, do a google search for your manufacturer and hopefully it may turn up something useful. Please don't mind some of the characters on this board, they are a weird mob, but likeable in their own way and you may learn more than you think.

Gumby
12th May 2005, 11:09 PM
That's a very cruel comment, funny but cruel to a new member. :) Seriously Micro, do a google search for your manufacturer and hopefully it may turn up something useful. Please don't mind some of the characters on this board, they are a weird mob, but likeable in their own way and you may learn more than you think.

:D :D Ok, welcome microcorys to this forum. he's right though, there are some weird people in here (glad he wasn't referring to me :D )

microcorys
13th May 2005, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the welcome, I'll feel at home with the slight weirdness of some folk-if the cap fits?!
Google was not much help but Artisan is (was) a Melbourne based company. I used the index of previous threads on this site to set the various components back to square etc and got some good tips for setting up the jointer and feeding material through. I think I have things fairly clear re recycling old (30 yrs + :) ) timber, ie jointer 1st to establish a working edge, then thicknesser, then table saw. Does this sound OK? Why would I choose 'microcorys' do you think?

Cheers and thanks in advance, micro

microcorys
13th May 2005, 06:49 PM
Hi gumby
That plasticine character lives long and fondly in my memory, please don't take this the wrong way, 'not that there's anything wrong with that'

Gumby
13th May 2005, 06:57 PM
Hi gumby
That plasticine character lives long and fondly in my memory, please don't take this the wrong way, 'not that there's anything wrong with that'

:D This isn't a lonely hearts forum you know and besides, I'm not that way inclined anyhow - unless you're talking BIG bucks ! :D :D :D