PDA

View Full Version : nothing like a dig in

chuck1
26th June 2013, 07:53 PM
nothing like a dig in! ive got 95 balusters to do! so far ive turned 50 + and had the one dig in that couldn't be saved! turned 8 yesterday after marking out and centre marking the blanks, today was turning for 7 hours! the timber is pine

smiife
26th June 2013, 08:02 PM
hi chuck1,
oh well nothing like a bit of practice mate:U
one dig in after all those is not bad in my opinion
well done :2tsup:
cheers smiife:2tsup:

Christos
26th June 2013, 08:41 PM
Must have been tired. :C

Dalboy
26th June 2013, 11:37 PM
Great job will have them finished in no time. As for the catch that is B****y good:2tsup::2tsup: I would have thrown away more than that:B:B

dr4g0nfly
27th June 2013, 06:31 AM
A fine effort, just think of the dig in as a reminder we are all capable of making the odd mistake.

Are they for you or an order?

fubar
27th June 2013, 09:47 AM
Only one catch that couldnt be saved bloody well done.
:brava

For me it has been a steep learning curve and trying to understand what I've done wrong aint so easy.
:D

chuck1
27th June 2013, 10:37 AM
thanks guys! yes work related! turning at a staircase place! just before it happened I felt like someone was watching me and turned my head to see one of the guys I work with turned back and shhhhh BANG! in future take tool away from job before looking over away from job! still have posts to turn soon!

chuck1
27th June 2013, 10:58 AM
Only one catch that couldnt be saved bloody well done.
:brava

For me it has been a steep learning curve and trying to understand what I've done wrong aint so easy.
:D

try not to analyse where you went wrong! I finished my apprenticeship in 95 and worked in different industries and was offered a job back on the tools! so I got Tafe books out and started at page one beads and hollows! no projects just blocks of beads and hollows turn it back to a cylinder and beads and hollows! even my wife asked if I was going to " make something" then once my eye was back in the projects followed! so if I have a dig in I put it down to lack of concentration! having said that I still get nervous when doing one off jobs with customer supplied timber!
pine is easy to replace but solid cedar etc I know will cost me if I stuff up!

artme
27th June 2013, 01:40 PM
Must have been tired. :C

Methinks the same!!!