PDA

View Full Version : What a load of Bull

Willy Nelson
14th July 2013, 05:03 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen

Was asked to mount these Buffalo horns. I turned a Jarrah Burl mounting board to suit. The hardest part of this was sourcing suitable cow hide (black), but none could be found so I settled for the brown/white combo. I then turned a joiner to insert into the open ends of the horns and glued and screwed them in place. Then was able to attach the mounting board to the joiner with big screws. I hope the customer will be happy.

Sincerely
Willy
Jarrahland

Note: It is quite cold here in Perth at the moment so instead of my safety crocs, I have opted to wear my safety moccasins

chuck1
14th July 2013, 05:11 PM
nice work! you could of used your moccasins instead of the cow hide! :)

turnerted
14th July 2013, 05:19 PM
Interesting project.
Is the cross section inside buffalo horns round, or did you have to shape the joiner to fit?
Ted

KBs PensNmore
14th July 2013, 08:06 PM
Nice job, can't be to cold there, you're wearing shorts!!!!:D
Kryn

Willy Nelson
14th July 2013, 08:20 PM
Interesting project.
Is the cross section inside buffalo horns round, or did you have to shape the joiner to fit?
Ted

Hello Ted
The internals of the horns are a cross between circular and tringular. The joiner was turned, and sand flat in areas to suit the receptacle.
Cheers
Willy

Willy Nelson
14th July 2013, 08:22 PM
Nice job, can't be to cold there, you're wearing shorts!!!!
Kryn

Summer rig = Shorts and Singlet and safety crocs

Winter rig = Shorts, shirts/singlet and moccasins (Although truth be told, first time I have worn them in years)

Willy

corbs
14th July 2013, 09:03 PM
Summer rig = Shorts and Singlet and safety crocs

Winter rig = Shorts, shirts/singlet and moccasins (Although truth be told, first time I have worn them in years)

Willy

I let the hair grow on my legs for Winter rig :;

Nice work on the mounting as well :2tsup:

coffenup
14th July 2013, 10:35 PM
I bet he was Mooved by the job you did for him
Regards Michael

DonIncognito
16th July 2013, 06:07 PM
I bet he was Mooved by the job you did for him
Regards Michael
Now thats just a terribull pun. Keep coming up with cud like that and we will have to mooove you out to pasture.

coffenup
17th July 2013, 10:30 PM
Now thats just a terribull pun. Keep coming up with cud like that and we will have to mooove you out to pasture.

I hope so and that's no bull