PDA

View Full Version : I made this gorgeous tiny little thing ..............................

steamingbill
22nd July 2013, 01:00 AM
Hello,

Trap for newbies ............

I made this gorgeous wonderfully proportioned and pleasing to the eye tiny little mushroom from a scrap of pine - just looking at it made me feel good.

Thought I'd be clever and have a go at using my brand new parting tool. Imitating the clever chaps I've seen on videos.

Parted it just fine ........

Was terribly surprised when instead of falling into my hand it levitated vertically straight up into the 4" dust extractor hose .............. I heard it make some noises as it hit the fan blades.

I felt like a right goose.

I remember now when I first got it, that thing swallowed an 8m tape measure that I'd carelessly left within range - that made a hell of a noise when it hit the fan.

Bill

SNAFU11
22nd July 2013, 07:50 AM
Sorry Bill but i had to have a laugh at that story...

Mick!!!

tdrumnut
22nd July 2013, 07:55 AM
:roflmao2:I know I shouldn't laugh but I couldn't help it, thats the sort of thing that happens to me all the time.

Drillit
22nd July 2013, 08:54 AM
Steamingbill,
Good story. But alas, mushrooms grow back. Must be some exhaust system to pick up an 8mt tape, eh.
Perhaps the mushroom will resurface on the tape as a button or flat, eh. Drillit.:D

RETIRED
22nd July 2013, 08:55 AM
Lost quite a few eaves finials that way.

However it does "rattle" the dust out of the pipes.:D

L R P
22nd July 2013, 10:26 AM
I keep loosing sandpaper

:~

Paul39
22nd July 2013, 10:49 AM
oooooo!!! :(:(:(

Avery
22nd July 2013, 10:54 AM
I wish i had a dusty that could do that...

Gra
22nd July 2013, 11:33 AM
I wish i had a dusty that could do that...

I wish i had a dusty :(

artme
22nd July 2013, 01:37 PM
Obviously there is too mushroom at the mouth of the dusty.

Put a piece of wire mesh over it.:)

delbs
22nd July 2013, 01:41 PM
I wish i had a dusty :(

Ditto!! :)