PDA

View Full Version : For Powderpost.

RETIRED
14th August 2013, 05:16 PM
Thought you may enjoy this.

Segmented Walnut and Maple Bowl - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qFFS9PsghCI&t=69)

Osbojo
14th August 2013, 06:55 PM
Dunno about Powderpost but it rocked my boat! Good instructional vid too.

RETIRED
14th August 2013, 07:46 PM
Yep, love the marching clamps at about 3.30.:D

powderpost
14th August 2013, 08:33 PM
Thank you Mr Robertson, I have now seen the light and will mend my ways... :D
Not to sure about those machines that do their own thing. :no:
Jim

TTIT
14th August 2013, 10:56 PM
Thoroughly enjoyed that - very well put together (superfluous pun - purely accidental :B ) . . . . . . but I REALLY would love to know what sort of botch up caused that big chunk to disappear from the jointer table :o Wondering if that has anything to do with the helix conversion :U

RETIRED
14th August 2013, 11:38 PM
Thoroughly enjoyed that - very well put together (superfluous pun - purely accidental :B ) . . . . . . but I REALLY would love to know what sort of botch up caused that big chunk to disappear from the jointer table :o Wondering if that has anything to do with the helix conversion :UYou know, don't you, that everyone is going to play it again to find it? You mongrel.:cool:

DJ’s Timber
15th August 2013, 12:31 AM
. . . . . but I REALLY would love to know what sort of botch up caused that big chunk to disappear from the jointer table :o Wondering if that has anything to do with the helix conversion :U

You know, don't you, that everyone is going to play it again to find it? You mongrel.:cool:

I'll save everyone the trouble and just post a screenshot :;

http://www.woodworkforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=281058&d=1376486914

spankingpigeon
15th August 2013, 09:55 AM
whoa!! how does that happen :o

L R P
15th August 2013, 10:12 AM
Hi All
Re the bit missing from the jointer.....I am fairly sure that if you go to his web site, he explains it in one of his shop tours.
I have been following him for a while .....and..... he has way too much time on his hands....but ...one hell of a shed.

Paul39
15th August 2013, 03:12 PM
Wow! Lovely video and bowl. Thanks, .

Seeing what it takes to make accurate segments, I may never do a segmented piece.

More likely a full across knife came part way out to bite a chunk out of the jointer. That event probably did not improve the fit of the knives in the head, so add a few or many $$$ and go with the helix.

I am glad I was not there when that chunk came out. I may have soiled myself.

artme
15th August 2013, 05:32 PM
Thanx 4 the post . Great stuphph!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

What about the nicks in the tablesaw blade slot!:?

nz_carver
15th August 2013, 10:37 PM
Wow see I told you that there was workshop fairys that come in when no one is around and do all the work..... And everyone was thinking I was crazy.

RETIRED
15th August 2013, 11:20 PM
They don't live here, but Murphy does.:wink:

Cliff Rogers
15th August 2013, 11:48 PM
This is similar to the one in this thread.
http://www.woodworkforums.com/f11/clever-video-174690/

RETIRED
15th August 2013, 11:58 PM
Yep, same bloke I think.

Mobyturns
16th August 2013, 09:23 AM
Thank you Mr Robertson, I have now seen the light and will mend my ways... :D
Not to sure about those machines that do their own thing. :no:
Jim

You mean to say you have tamed your machines ... ours do what they like when they like. :U