PDA

View Full Version : Any Wood Turners in Eastern Suburbs Melb??

DSEL74
18th August 2013, 11:19 AM
Hi Guys,

Is there anyone in Eastern Suburbs Melb that could help me with producing a few turned handles? (Awl, gents saw, chisel, and file). I'm in Doncaster.

I'm interested in learning about turning but just can't do it here at this point. I have a wood lathe, with no bench space for it at the moment and only 3 chisels.

Simplicity
18th August 2013, 11:40 AM
Hi DSEL74
When did u need the handles and how many
I maybe able to help out in about 4 weeks time

DSEL74
18th August 2013, 12:16 PM
I just realised I really should supply some file handles for the backsaw making workshop for safety so will need about 20 of those just small functional items.

I would like to make up an awl to use for marking where to drill the saw nuts off the templates and a sample gents saw handle as to what other saws can be made. These I'd like to be a little nicer so I can keep them as a memento.

I also have a handful of chisels and a few files I personally need handles for since I get my tools at the flea markets on a budget.

tea lady
18th August 2013, 12:34 PM
You can pick up fairly cheep file handles at hardware shops. But if you really want pretty ones I can probably help. Come over my place. You can have a play on the other lathe while I whip up your handles. I have a few bits of pretty wood you can choose from. :cool: I am in Belgrave.