PDA

View Full Version : Demo for local aged care centre

dai sensei
23rd August 2013, 09:59 PM
Did a demo this week for a local aged care centre. Normally we do a demo inside to 10-12 people interested in woodworking, but this was an outside event with numerous other people (spinners & weavers, beading etc etc) on the centre's Robin Hood Day with many all dressed up. Various knights, brothers, queens, kings etc etc even a few female nurses as wenches :2tsup:. Unlike other demos we have done for aged care centres, those from this centre that attended were incapacitated in wheel chairs or with failing eyesight in walking frames :-. But the nurses, management and careers did enjoy the effort we went to.

Anyway, here are a few shots of the potpourri bowl I did out of Budgeroo, the bark inclusion stabilised with CA as usual :U. Simple EEE/Shellawax finish, filled with dried rose petals and some essential oil, then donated to the centre.

Cheers

BobL
23rd August 2013, 10:06 PM
Excellent :2tsup:

Where are the photos of you in your green tights and leather gerkin er I mean jerkin.

Pat
23rd August 2013, 10:18 PM
Where are the photos of you in your green tights and leather gerkin er I mean jerkin.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Bob don't wish for that!:q

Good looking pot pourri bowl and model:;

dai sensei
23rd August 2013, 10:57 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Bob don't wish for that!:q

Me neither :o

dr4g0nfly
24th August 2013, 06:21 AM
I'll bet you did not use a 'Pole Lathe' to maintain the ambiance! :U

Damn fine finish though.:2tsup:

Wood Nut
26th August 2013, 12:45 PM
Nice job Neil.
You seem to be getting prettier with age. It's amazing what a shave can do for your appearance:D
Cheers,
Paul

Christos
31st August 2013, 08:32 PM
I like this piece.