PDA

View Full Version : Steady On

wheelinround
31st August 2013, 07:30 PM
At last almost done just wheels to fit when I get the longer bolts for the shaft/axle's. Took while as i made it over the last few weeks while suffering worst case of lurgy we have had in years.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-kihDNCiMv4k/UiFih-KjvPI/AAAAAAAAFIc/4PUG2GIS8os/s1600/DSCF6493.jpg

Christos
31st August 2013, 07:55 PM
That's excellent. Now I know whom I should ask if I need one made. :q

What are the wheels you are going to use?

I_wanna_Shed
31st August 2013, 08:32 PM
Good job! Looks a biggie too.

hughie
31st August 2013, 08:54 PM
Not a bad effort for an old bloke.... :U

SNAFU11
1st September 2013, 06:34 AM
Nice solid job there mate...looks good:2tsup:

Mick!!!

Scott
1st September 2013, 08:11 AM
Nice work Ray, I'll have to make one of those for myself one day.

jchappo
1st September 2013, 08:51 AM
Will it have flashing lights? :U:U

wheelinround
1st September 2013, 11:22 AM
That's excellent. Now I know whom I should ask if I need one made. :q

What are the wheels you are going to use?

Christos no problem when you get back to a workshop and use your lathe and need one I can send you plans :q

The wheels are off a pair of in line skates I bought cheap, $10 a bargain being the wheels alone at stores are now closer to $30 a pair.

I_wanna_Shed
Good job! Looks a biggie too.

Nathan not as big as next one I have to make.:roll:

hughie
Not a bad effort for an old bloke.... :U

:o Me old :;

Thanks Mick and Scott. Scott do Vicmarc or Vermec not make one for pen turners.:q

jchappo
Will it have flashing lights? :U:U

John no I'd get to distracted besides I could never out do Stargate could I:;

Scott
1st September 2013, 11:27 AM
Scott do Vicmarc or Vermec not make one for pen turners.:q

Possibly: Three Point Steadies (http://www.vicmarc.com/default.asp?contentID=712).

Next time your down here I'll let you use my vastly superior machinery, old man ;) :D :q

wheelinround
1st September 2013, 03:36 PM
Possibly: Three Point Steadies (http://www.vicmarc.com/default.asp?contentID=712).

Next time your down here I'll let you use my vastly superior machinery, old man ;) :D :q

I must have missed those last browes of the site Scott

:rolleyes: Now I might just have to take you up on that when we head for Tassie again :roll:

turnerted
1st September 2013, 05:23 PM
Looks like it'll do the job Ray.
Ted

wheelinround
2nd September 2013, 05:02 PM
A quick tack weld to the 1/2 bolts this morning prior our Melbourne visitors arriving. Then located some longer than original shaft bolts to mount the wheels these were from my old wheelchair which is long gone parts came in handy tho.:U

Mounted the wheels and even had a test run just off the chuck while I gave a quick sand the rough surface of the wheels from there previous use.

Two Jacaranda vases await for a final full test.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-r9f7HUbPDFU/UiQmWLxG6bI/AAAAAAAAFJ4/Z3wvBkooMMM/s1600/DSCF6525.jpg

Have to say thanks to Fletty for the fine job done rounding the edges of the main frame on his router table.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Sturdee
2nd September 2013, 05:47 PM
A real good job there Ray, you'll enjoy using it.

Peter.

mick59wests
2nd September 2013, 09:50 PM
Ray,

A fantastic job :2tsup:. Out of interest on the last photo, is that where u store your tools? Perhaps I should come and see your workshop as mine won't seem so bad :D:D:D

cheers

Mick

I_wanna_Shed
2nd September 2013, 10:32 PM
Have to say thanks to Fletty for the fine job done rounding the edges of the main frame on his router table.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Is that the closest Fletty has ever gotten to wood turning then?

wheelinround
2nd September 2013, 10:55 PM
Thanks Ted, Peter, and Mick (you mean you'd travel this far LOL welcome anytime) Mick if you mean the spanners only when in use, if you mean the chuck tommy bars and knock out bar etc yes but they are destined to be moved very soon sick of picking them up off the floor when I pull one or the other out :doh:

Nathan I have seen Fletty go into a trance when watching me turn and that was just spinning about on my draughtsmen stool :p

I have offered him time at the lathe but he always goes :sick: looking. I have tried explaining that its like using a router just the tool stays still not the work.:;

Avery
3rd September 2013, 12:04 AM
That is just so very,very good!
Iam really looking forward to seeing photos of a large piece of beena tree being processed. I really wish I could be there to take the photos.

wheelinround
3rd September 2013, 06:16 PM
Avery not a large piece wasatree Jacaranda from up the road some nice young fool parked his Holden on it a few years ago I scored it all.:U

Steady in use using my Rolly Munro tool with home made handle :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup: