PDA

View Full Version : spiral stairs

chuck1
4th September 2013, 06:45 PM
my mate installed some balusters and posts I turned a few weeks ago, hats off to who ever did the curved handrail!

artme
4th September 2013, 08:42 PM
Nice result!! :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

You must be well please with your contribution to the project.

Scott
4th September 2013, 08:50 PM
Nice work on the stairs and the curved handrail! Curious place for the exit of the stairs though. Seems a little cramped.

Timless Timber
4th September 2013, 09:00 PM
I believe they are called newel posts the larger ones at the end of the hand rail runs.

Nice work indeed!

You have to admire anyone can do spiral staircases! :2tsup:

chuck1
5th September 2013, 09:45 AM
also pleased they took the time to take a photo of it installed and send to me as photos of packs of bals is a bit boring!
I have seen the full size drawing that go into making a spiral staircase, you need a big shed to prefabricate it in!
thanks for the positive feedback people!

Mulgabill
5th September 2013, 01:49 PM
Nice work on the stairs and the curved handrail! Curious place for the exit of the stairs though. Seems a little cramped.
Good work on the balusters Chuck1.:2tsup: I would have to agree with Scott. Not an ideal stair landing position.:no:

chuck1
5th September 2013, 03:42 PM
not sure if the entry point has something to do with building code? with straight flights you can't have more than X amount of treads without a landing and maximum 6 winders to go around a corner! I've seen really old houses where they have 9 winders and 200 mm rise between treads and it's really dodgey as there is hardly any tread to stand on!
wouldn't like to get furniture up this spiral set now or ever!