PDA

View Full Version : Sheoak find

hughie
23rd September 2013, 12:11 PM
For some reason that I couldn't figure out the place where I work cut all the shade trees around the car park a half a dozen or so. They turned out to be as near as I can guess to be River Sheoak, anyway they do have great figure and some with spalting and I scored a fair amount of it. The rest is still there and I 'm debating whether to bring it home as I really dont have anywhere to store it, I'm full. So if anybody want any pm me I will take some further pics of what left and post them here. They will be log form and you can pick them up from my place in Prestons, green and semi dry as is where is.
What doesnt go will be used as firewood.

pommyphil
23rd September 2013, 05:56 PM
Good score there Hughie, plenty of " Character " in that lot. The River Oak ( Cunninghamiana ) around here is more yellow, like the sap.

This looks more like our Forest oak (torulosa ) even cut into quarters it splits like crazy, lovely wood though. :rolleyes: Phil

wheelinround
23rd September 2013, 06:28 PM
Hughie your score is a delight to the eyes well done :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

I can see Pat cleaning drool off his keyboard now.:q

chuck1
23rd September 2013, 07:56 PM
nice score! there is abit of lathe time! I'm not full but I need to reduce stock pile!

TTIT
23rd September 2013, 11:18 PM
...............What doesnt go will be used as firewood.And very good firewood it is! - even grown overseas for just that purpose :;

hughie
24th September 2013, 01:02 AM
Hughie your score is a delight to the eyes well done :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

I can see Pat cleaning drool off his keyboard now.:q

lol, Pat there plenty left, bring your trailer.

Willy Nelson
26th September 2013, 12:07 AM
Gents,

It looks like Banksia to me??
Willy

Christos
26th September 2013, 12:22 AM
I would be interested in some.

hughie
26th September 2013, 12:52 AM
I would be interested in some.

I'm busy this sat but after lunch Sunday is ok

ndp_2010
26th September 2013, 02:07 PM
Nice score, I also recently saved some sheoak from going to waste from a tree cut down, 3 big log sections, the wood figure can be really nice :D looking forward to see what you do with it.