PDA

View Full Version : Wood Clubs on the Darling Downs

Lawrence
25th May 2005, 08:24 PM
Can anybody help with contact details for wood turning clubs on the Darling Downs ?

RufflyRustic
26th May 2005, 09:46 AM
Hi Lawrence

I know there's a Triton club in town, but am not sure of any others.
Address: P.O.Box 2845, Toowoomba. Qld. 4350
Contact Ian Watt (07) 4696 7360 http://www.usq.edu.au/users/dobsonp/ttoc/index.htm
Gee Whiz, I just found another closet woodworker where I work - freaky....:eek:

A good meeting place is Ken's WoodWork Shop in South Street, opposite the Dead Centre of town between Anzac Avenue and Greenwattle Street. Ken or the other staff or woodies may also know of any local clubs. Opening hours weekdays and Saturdays 9-12.

Failing that, how about we set up our own local club. Another BB member will be in Toowoomba soon, if he isn't already, so that makes three of us - is that enough for a quorum??? ;)

Cheers
RufflyRustic

journeyman Mick
27th May 2005, 12:03 AM
............A good meeting place is Ken's WoodWork Shop in South Street, opposite the Dead Centre of town between...........

Is that the very centre of town, or is the centre of town dead? :rolleyes:

Mick

RufflyRustic
27th May 2005, 10:26 AM
:D The cemetary:D

cheers
RR

Lawrence
28th May 2005, 10:20 PM
Thanks RR

I will look Ken up some time soon, will have to catch up ourselves sometime. Im only starting out getting some equipment together so when I retire next weekend after winning lotto I will be able to say the money won't change me.

RufflyRustic
30th May 2005, 10:19 AM
Hi Lawrence, It'd be great to get together at some stage. Don't worry, I don't have many tools either, but it's fun watching how they slowly grow and multiply :)
Cheers
Wendy