PDA

View Full Version : Shallow oak bowl

Ad de Crom
4th October 2013, 04:51 AM
I used for the bowl remnants leftover of the candlestick, recently posted
Dimensions of the bowl, diameter at the rim 212 mm, height 45 mm.
Finished with two layers acrylic lacquer.
Cheers, Ad

smiife
8th October 2013, 08:03 PM
hi ad,
looks like a nice bowl you have made from what would have been
scraps,good simple shape ,well done
cheers smiife:2tsup:

orraloon
8th October 2013, 08:31 PM
Good use of offcuts Ad. I always liked the look of oak. It can be got here in Oz if you are in the right place at the right time when someone has a garden tree cut down. I have a friend with a large tree in the back yard and have been waiting for years for them to trim a large branch. Nice bowl and has reminded me of the woods of home.

Regards
John

powderpost
8th October 2013, 09:37 PM
My kind of bowl Ad, clean simple lines. What type of glue do you use on oak? :2tsup:
Jim

hughie
9th October 2013, 01:12 PM
My kind of bowl Ad, clean simple lines. What type of glue do you use on oak? :2tsup:
Jim

Yep me too

Ad de Crom
9th October 2013, 06:19 PM
Thank you guys, turning bowls is not so usual for me, but sometimes....)) :rolleyes:
Ad

Ad de Crom
9th October 2013, 06:26 PM
Jim

Jim, I'm using always Bison wood glue professional topspeed, after 15 minutes under pressure is enough, suitable for any kind of wood. Super stuff.

powderpost
10th October 2013, 11:24 PM
Jim, I'm using always Bison wood glue professional topspeed, after 15 minutes under pressure is enough, suitable for any kind of wood. Super stuff.
THanks Ad. I suspect many of the glues we use are essentially the same, just different manufacturers.
Jim

orificiam
13th October 2013, 11:40 PM
Well Done Ad. nice simple design, just the way I like it.

Cheers Tony.:)