PDA

View Full Version : Chip control

hughie
14th October 2013, 11:35 AM
As I have worked in packaging for many years I have managed to pick a few use full things along the way. This one of the more use full pick ups. Plastic door strips for shielding forklift entry door against birds gaining entry. The vacant wall will have a 26" exhaust fan at some stage and I will add further strips to divide the shed into two areas.

wheelinround
14th October 2013, 12:36 PM
Looks good Hughie added bonus being able to hide behind curtain when Mrs Hughie comes looking for you :;

hughie
14th October 2013, 01:13 PM
Looks good Hughie added bonus being able to hide behind curtain when Mrs Hughie comes looking for you :;
ho ho not likely, she just bangs on the shed wall

Cliff Rogers
14th October 2013, 03:17 PM
Good idea. :2tsup:

smiife
14th October 2013, 07:23 PM
hi hughie,
great idea,nice pick up:cool:
cheers smiife:2tsup:

Christos
15th October 2013, 11:53 AM
Even the humble shower curtin will limit the amount of chips spreading across the shed.

Paul39
16th October 2013, 01:43 AM
Controlling chips is a bit like controlling cats. :D:D:D

Nice looking shed. Tidy too.

hughie
16th October 2013, 08:15 AM
Controlling chips is a bit like controlling cats. :D:D:D

Nice looking shed. Tidy too.

Yeah pretty much :U tidy now but....... what helps is the big Jet Cyclone DC that has a floor wand,its on long time borrow :U from SIL.

ticklingmedusa
16th October 2013, 12:00 PM
Great idea Hughie! I like the amount of light that comes through with that material. :2tsup:

BobL
16th October 2013, 12:42 PM
Good idea with the transparent curtains :2tsup:

Yeah pretty much :U tidy now but....... what helps is the big Jet Cyclone DC that has a floor wand,its on long time borrow :U from SIL.
The Jet in the photo is a generic 2HP DC, one of the most constricted and throttled DCs on the market.
In case folks haven't seen it, in this thread (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f200/generic-2hp-dc-171247/) I show how to modify that DC to increase flow from ~420 CFM, to more than 900 CFM if a pleated filter is used.
This flow rate is close to the 1000 cfm at source, quoted by Bill Pentz as being the minimum required to achieve very fine dust control.
I realize it's a borrowed DC so taking to it with an angle grinder may not be possible, but maybe SIL will actually thank you for doing it when he gets it back ?