PDA

View Full Version : Crushgrind vs Easigrind

turnerted
12th November 2013, 04:45 PM
G'day
Just wondering if anyone has had experience using Carba-tec's Easigrind grinder mechanisms.They look to be identical to Crushgrind as far as I can tell without taking them out of the plastic bag and same price. Staff at Carba-tec couldnt tell me if they were rebadged Crushgrind or a Chinese knockoff.
I'm not suggesting there's anything wrong with the Crushgrind,its just that Carba-tec are only 20 minutes away from me.
Ted

dai sensei
12th November 2013, 07:56 PM
Looks like a knock-off. No mention of guarantee like Crushgrind.

dwp
12th November 2013, 11:38 PM
I have used both, installation wise no different, have a close look at the quality of finish on the components, the thread and adjusting screw. i prefer the crushgrind
David

brendan stemp
13th November 2013, 08:19 AM
Fact: Crushgrinds are made in CHina under licence to a Danish company.
Fact: Crushgrinds have changed their design to improve it and rectify some of the problems they were having.
Fact: The Carbatec mechanisms look exactly like the old Crushgrinds; ie the ones Crushgrind needed to improve on.
Fact: Crushgrind does offer a 25 year garuntee but only on the ceramic component of the mechanism.

Dems da facts. Up to you which way you go. I personally have an issue with companies that rip off other's ideas.

DonIncognito
13th November 2013, 02:06 PM
Dems da facts. Up to you which way you go. I personally have an issue with companies that rip off other's ideas.
While I admire your morals, that must leave you with about 4 companies worldwide to buy from, yeah?

turnerted
13th November 2013, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the comments.
Ted

Drillit
14th November 2013, 08:59 AM
Are the easigrind significantly cheaper or about the same. I proffer that the staff would know
that they are knock-offs. Perhaps they are available at your local flea-market. :D Drillit.

Jim Carroll
14th November 2013, 09:20 AM
Crushgrinds (http://www.cws.au.com/shop/item/crushgrind-260-ceramic-pepper-mill) with discounts for quantity

Easy grinds (http://www.carbatec.com.au/easigrind-easy-fit-salt47pepper-mill-mechanism_c21754)