PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Australia Day Pen Swap - Invitation to participate.

Scott
6th December 2013, 10:16 PM
The Australia Day Pen Swap is supported by the Woodwork Forums and as such is only open to Woodwork Forum members. No matter where in the world you are located you are welcome to join in. All we ask is that you join these forums so you can participate in the fun! Joining is easy.

You can register your membership of the Woodwork Forums by clicking here. (http://www.woodworkforums.com/register.php)

So, now that’s out the way, the registration for the 2014 Australia Day pen swap is officially open!

Please be sure to register by midnight (Australian Eastern Daylight Savings time) on January 25th, 2014 so I can include you in the draw to receive a swap partner.

Everyone is welcome, from beginners to experts. The more the merrier. By joining you have the chance to make new friends and receive some great pens.

So here’s what you have to do. In this thread only, state your name, country you live in and whether you would like to swap one or two pens (to different swap partners). Also, could you please indicate if you would like to swap with someone overseas, if required. Could you please state your preference like this:

Scott. Australia. 2 Pens. Yes.

On the 26th of January 2014 I’ll randomly match swap partners and list them in this thread (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f206/2014-australia-day-pen-swap-partner-listing-179546/).

After the draw is completed contact your partner(s), make a pen and send it post haste. Blanks can also be exchanged if desired however that’s between your partner and yourself. The swap is open to all styles of pens. Please complete all swaps by 31st of March, 2014.

Once you have received your pen from your swap partner(s), please describe what you’ve received, with photos, in this thread (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f206/2014-australia-day-pen-swap-show-us-your-pens-179547/).

Rules, Conditions and General information for participating:

It is a condition of entry that you have read and understood the rules, conditions and general information.
You must be a member of the Woodwork Forums. Registration is easy and can be accessed here: Register at Woodwork Forums (http://www.woodworkforums.com/register.php)
If you’ve just registered to participate in this swap or have a limited number of posts I may ask for your email address as a condition of entry.
A condition of entry is that you acknowledge the possibility that your swap partner, for whatever reason, may not fulfill their part of the swap. Additionally you may be partnered with someone who is new at pen turning.
You accept responsibility for all costs associated with making and posting your pens as well as any other items you wish to post as well.
You MUST complete your swap(s), regardless. If you have any doubt about your ability to complete your swap at this point in time, please do not participate.
You MUST communicate your intentions at all times. It’s best to contact your partner(s) as soon as possible. Please communicate with each other via email. Using the private message system on the woodwork forums can be unreliable if members in-boxes are full.
The type of pen mechanism and blank you use on the pen is entirely up to you.
Swapping additional blanks is entirely at the discretion of yourself and your partner. It is NOT mandatory to swap additional blanks.
Members who did not completed their swap last year are not eligible to swap this year and any other subsequent years. If you know of anyone who has not completed their swap with you last year or previous years, could you please contact me via PM or email address above.
All swaps must be completed before March 31st. If you are having trouble reaching this target then please contact myself or your swap partner ASAP. To be in the running for the box of pen blanks I’m offering as an incentive to complete your pen on time, your partner(s) must receive their pen before March 31st.

Please note, due to a large number of overseas participants not fulfilling their pen swaps last year, this year the format has changed. I will not be seeking participants from overseas forums. This current format was arrived at after I sought advice from forumites during the year.

What are you waiting for? REGISTER NOW!

Scott
6th December 2013, 10:18 PM
01. Scott. Australia. 2 Pens. Yes.
02. MIK, Australia, 2 Pens, Yes
03. Corbs, Australia, 2 pens (if required), Yes
04. minus459 aka undies. Aus. 1pen. No
05. Mach70, Australia, 2 pens, Yes
06. Beedeejay, Australia, 2 pens, Yes
07. mkypenturner aust 2 pens yes ( if odd number will help out with extra if needed
08. HazzaB, Australia 2 Pens (or more if required) Yes
09. (Nai84) Ian Australia 2 pens No I am happy to take on 2 aussie swaps or more
10. Christos. Australia. 1 pen. No.
11. Sawdust Maker, Australia, 2 pens, Yes
12. mlloy23. Australia. 2 pens. yes.
13. josquiggley, Australia, 2 pens, yes
14. Tdrumnut, Australia, 2 pens, no
15. mackc, USA, 1 pen, yes
16. Usnr'03, USA, 1 pen, yes
17. Salty72 . Australia . 2Pens . Yes
18. Jason, USA, 2 pens, whoever
19. Touchwood(Jenny); Aust; 2 pens; yes thanks.
20. Dave, Australia, 2 pens, yes
21. David Mitchell, Australia 2 Pens yes
22. Grommett, Oz, 2, Yes
23. MrPukaShell, Robert, USA, 2, yes
24. Mr Vic, Vic, USA, 2, Yes.
25. mick61, Australia, 1 pen, yes
26. m.t, malcolm aust 2 pens yes
27. Michigan Mike, USA, 1 pen, Yes
28. mannum3 Aus 2pens Yes
29. Perfect Pens . Aus . 2 x pens . Yes
30. bassmansimon, Australia, 2 pens. Yes.
31. Mariruth USA two Yes
32. Bob USA 2 pens Overseas = Yes
33. Tangoman, Aus, one pen, yes
34. Stuart, Australia, 2 pens. Yes
35. Scott(SDB777), United States, 2 pens, overseas=yes
36. glenspens- USA :2tsup: put me in for 2 pens =yes
37. Nathan, Australia, 2 Pens, yes

MBUMIK
6th December 2013, 10:22 PM
MIK, Australia, 2 Pens, Yes

1st YEAH!!

bugger got Scotted

corbs
6th December 2013, 10:45 PM
Corbs, Australia, 2 pens (if required), Yes :)

minus459
7th December 2013, 10:06 PM
minus459 aka undies. Aus. 1pen. No.

mach70
8th December 2013, 01:53 AM
Mach70, Australia, 2 pens, Yes

Beedeejay
8th December 2013, 11:33 AM
Beedeejay, Australia, 2 pens, Yes,

Cant wait!

mkypenturner
8th December 2013, 01:13 PM
mkypenturner aust 2 pens yes ( if odd number will help out with extra if needed )

HazzaB
8th December 2013, 03:16 PM
HazzaB, Australia 2 Pens (or more if required) Yes

HazzaB

Nai84
8th December 2013, 05:16 PM
Ian
Australia
2 pens
No

I am happy to take on 2 aussie swaps or more :-D

Sawdust Maker
9th December 2013, 08:16 PM
Sawdust Maker
Australia
2 pens
Yes

mlloy23
9th December 2013, 08:24 PM
mlloy23. Australia. 2 pens. yes.

josquiggley
9th December 2013, 08:44 PM
josquiggley, Australia, 2 pens, yes

mackc
9th December 2013, 11:30 PM
So am I to take it by the rules that I am not eligible for this years swap because I am overseas? That's like punishing everyone for the sins of a few!!:?

mkypenturner
9th December 2013, 11:41 PM
So am I to take it by the rules that I am not eligible for this years swap because I am overseas? That's like punishing everyone for the sins of a few!!:?
hi mac , from my understanding thats not true , the way i read it everyones invited but i know in the past the organiser had posted a thread over on the IAP letting anyone thats on that site that we are having a swap and all they gotta do is join up

mach70
9th December 2013, 11:43 PM
The Australia Day Pen Swap is supported by the Woodwork Forums and as such is only open to Woodwork Forum members. No matter where in the world you are located you are welcome to join in. All we ask is that you join these forums so you can participate in the fun! Joining is easy.

Mackc,

You need to re-read the opening lines...you are eligible.

Cheers

Shawn

MBUMIK
9th December 2013, 11:46 PM

first line of the original post says "no matter where in the world you are"

go on mack say yes you know you want to:D

MIK

tdrumnut
9th December 2013, 11:46 PM
Tdrumnut, Australia, 2 pens, no

mackc
10th December 2013, 12:44 AM
I will not be seeking participants from overseas forums. This is in the last para. and is what was confusing to me. Sure I'm in for the swap. One swap will be sufficient for me!

USNR'03
10th December 2013, 02:09 AM
Looking forward to this. Thanks for doing it again!!

Regards
Peter

Usnr'03
USA
yes

Christos
10th December 2013, 07:50 AM
This is in the last para. and is what was confusing to me. Sure I'm in for the swap. One swap will be sufficient for me!

I have added you to the list as mention.

Scott
10th December 2013, 07:59 AM

I don't see anywhere where I've written that anyone from overseas isn't allowed to join. As been stated, I'm not going to invite anyone from other forums to participate. In the past, people who've been invited, with minimal input to these forums, received a pen and not sent theirs. Last year this occurred 8 times. I'm merely protecting the genuine members of this forum from being stolen from.

salty72
10th December 2013, 08:32 AM
I'm in

Salty72 . Australia . 2Pens . Yes

cookie48
10th December 2013, 04:21 PM
May I please be considered for a late entry.
I have my house up for sale and it will all depend on that.
Thanks.
Cookie.
If I do get in I will do my usual 1 local 1 os.

Scott
10th December 2013, 07:50 PM
May I please be considered for a late entry.
I have my house up for sale and it will all depend on that.
Thanks.
Cookie.
If I do get in I will do my usual 1 local 1 os.

G'day Cookie, the invitation, as stated, is open till midnight the 25th of January. I'm not inviting OS participants this year although they are welcome to participate. If you'd like to re-read the post above, that'll give you more information on how to go about things. I won't assume you're in until you've indicated so.

Hotrodder97
11th December 2013, 07:04 AM
Jason, USA, 2 pens, whoever

Touchwood
12th December 2013, 12:41 AM
Touchwood(Jenny); Aust; 2 pens; yes thanks.

Thanks for the opportunity to participate once again

JD

DaveTTC
12th December 2013, 10:33 PM
Dave, Australia, 2 pens, yes

David Mitchell
13th December 2013, 10:08 PM
I'm in Australia 2 Pens yes

Grommett
13th December 2013, 10:48 PM
I'm in
Grommett
Oz
Yes

MrPukaShell
15th December 2013, 02:49 AM
Robert, USA, 2, yes

Hope that covers it, Thanks

Mr Vic
27th December 2013, 05:21 AM
I would greatly like particpate in this years swap. It wll be my 4th and I've enjoyed each one.

Vic, USA, 2, Yes.

If anyone gets burned on a swap let me know and I'll cover it.

mick61
27th December 2013, 09:28 PM
Gday I'm in aus or us is fine.

m.t
29th December 2013, 08:54 AM
malcolm aust 2 pens yes :2tsup:

Michigan Mike
2nd January 2014, 07:16 AM
Michigan Mike, USA, 1 pen, Yes

mannum3
5th January 2014, 10:33 PM
mannum3 Aus 2pens Yes:hapy:

mkypenturner
6th January 2014, 07:30 PM
Have we got a updated list ???

Christos
9th January 2014, 06:33 PM
Have we got a updated list ???

Yep in post number 2 of this thread.

http://www.woodworkforums.com/f206/2014-australia-day-pen-swap-invitation-participate-179548/#post1724282

Beedeejay
16th January 2014, 12:24 AM
A little over a week to go,
is anyone else a little excited?

Perfect Pens
17th January 2014, 11:36 PM
Perfect Pens . Aus . 2 x pens . Yes .

Thanks
Tony.

bassmansimon
20th January 2014, 08:08 AM
bassmansimon, Australia, 2 pens. Yes.

mkypenturner
20th January 2014, 11:20 AM
Jason, USA, 2 pens, whoever

Glad to see you join us for the swap jason , can't wait to see what you create

Christos
22nd January 2014, 05:28 PM
Not much time left before Australia Day deadline to enter into the swap.

Mariruth
23rd January 2014, 10:20 AM
Mariruth USA two Yes

This is the first time I have ever belonged/responded to a forum, so I hope I did it right.

BSea
23rd January 2014, 05:11 PM
Wow, I can't believe I almost missed this. Last year was fantastic. I'm in again.

Bob
USA
2 pens
Overseas = Yes

Tangoman
23rd January 2014, 09:05 PM
Tangoman, Aus, one pen, yes

sturina
23rd January 2014, 09:47 PM
Stuart, Australia, 2 pens. Yes

SDB777
23rd January 2014, 09:51 PM
Scott(SDB777), United States, 2 pens, overseas=yes

Thanks Bob for pointing this out to me! Almost overlooked this one, an I would have been bummed!

Scott (best pen swap on the 'net here) B

GLENSPENS
24th January 2014, 01:59 AM
glenspens- USA :2tsup: put me in for 2 pens =yes

bassmansimon
24th January 2014, 03:11 PM
Why is this thread not a sticky on the pen turning forum, yet the registration for the 2013 one still is??

delbs
24th January 2014, 03:19 PM
Nathan, Australia, 2 Pens, yes

edohmann
25th January 2014, 07:21 AM
Ed, USA, 2 pens, yes

Scott
25th January 2014, 10:10 AM
Sorry I haven't been here to follow what's going on, events in the last month or so have led me to focus my attention on other things.

I won't be able to go near a computer tomorrow so I'm going to roll back the deadline to 6pm today and I'll list the partners tonight sometime, instead of tomorrow.

I'm also going to withdraw myself from the swap as there will be no way I'll be able to get near a lathe in the next six months or so. This will also be my last time I'm going to organise this swap so it'll be open to anyone to take up the challenge.

Edit: This will be 6pm Australia Eastern Daylight Savings Time.

Big Shed
25th January 2014, 10:37 AM
Big Shed, Oz, 2 pens, yes

surge82
25th January 2014, 02:26 PM
Sergio, Australia , 1 pen , no

Bedangerous
25th January 2014, 02:47 PM
I am in 2 pens USA New York can do International. NEWBE me.
Thanks
Mitch

Beedeejay
25th January 2014, 06:03 PM
Sorry I haven't been here to follow what's going on, events in the last month or so have led me to focus my attention on other things.

I won't be able to go near a computer tomorrow so I'm going to roll back the deadline to 6pm today and I'll list the partners tonight sometime, instead of tomorrow.

I'm also going to withdraw myself from the swap as there will be no way I'll be able to get near a lathe in the next six months or so. This will also be my last time I'm going to organise this swap so it'll be open to anyone to take up the challenge.

Edit: This will be 6pm Australia Eastern Daylight Savings Time.

and and im sure everyone entering the swap is extremely gratefull for the work you have & will put in Scott,

so from me a big thank you,

cheers Ben,

Scott
25th January 2014, 06:03 PM
Invitations are now closed.

Scott
25th January 2014, 06:13 PM
and and im sure everyone entering the swap is extremely gratefull for the work you have & will put in Scott,

so from me a big thank you,

cheers Ben,

Thanks Ben :)

Scott
25th January 2014, 08:31 PM
Okay Guys and Girls, here are the matches for 2014. The full list has also been placed here (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f206/2014-australia-day-pen-swap-partner-listing-179546/). Please make contact with your swap partner ASAP. After contact has been made, make your pens and once you've received your pen, ensure you take a photo and describe what you've receive in this thread here; http://www.woodworkforums.com/f206/2014-australia-day-pen-swap-show-us-your-pens-179547/

Please, make sure your PM boxes are cleared so your swap partner can make contact with you.

Thank you to everyone who has participated, I hope you enjoy your pens.

Cheers, Scott :)

m.t
Hotrodder97

josquiggley
Mr Vic

Big Shed
USNR'03

Sawdustmaker
Bsea

Sturina
edohmann

Tangoman
SDB777

DaveTTC
MrPukaShell

bassmansimon
bedangerous

Grommett
GLENSPENS

BeeDeeJay
Michigan Mike

Christos
Mariruth

Mariruth
GLENSPENS

Hotrodder97
bedangerous

Bsea
SDB777

MrPukaShell
edohmann

Mr Vic
MACH70

salty72
HazzaB

Sawdustmaker
mlloy23

DaveTTC
mkyypenturner

m.t
Nai84

Corbs
MBUMIK

minus459
salty72

Nai84
delbs

josquiggley
Touchwood

HazzaB
Touchwood

tdrumnut
Corbs

BeeDeeJay
tdrumnut

mkyypenturner
David Mitchell

Big Shed
mannum3

bassmansimon
delbs

mlloy23
Perfect Pens

Sturina
mannum3

MBUMIK
surg82

Mach70
mick61

Grommett
Perfect Pens

Christos
David Mitchell

P.S. Any issues, please PM me ASAP.

corbs
25th January 2014, 09:37 PM
Thanks for all your work on this Scott and to the other invisible people behind the scenes helping out. I'm looking forward to seeing what people come up with :2tsup:

Scott
25th January 2014, 09:41 PM
Thanks for all your work on this Scott and to the other invisible people behind the scenes helping out. I'm looking forward to seeing what people come up with :2tsup:

Thanks Corbs :)

Scott
25th January 2014, 09:58 PM

Just Christos and I. Thanks for your help Christos :)

Mr Vic
26th January 2014, 04:42 AM
josquiggley, Australia, 2 pens, yes

josquiggley......tried a PM but your inbox is full....We got paired for the swap so if you can PM me an alternate contact address

mkypenturner
26th January 2014, 06:33 AM
josquiggley......tried a PM but your inbox is full....We got paired for the swap so if you can PM me an alternate contact address

Ill grt that sorted out , as I will pr9b see her today or if not ill ring her to sort it out for you

delbs
26th January 2014, 07:39 PM
Cheers scott for organising this. This is my first pen swap. Looking forward to it. Pm'd both guys.

Cheers Nathan

bassmansimon
26th January 2014, 08:55 PM
Hey Scott thanks for organising this. I really enjoy the pen you sent me in last year's swap.

Bedangerous
30th January 2014, 02:24 PM
This swap is a great idea. Thanks for organizing it. I have tried to get in touch with my other swap partner (Hotrodder97) I get a message that they can not accept any messages because their private message box is full.

PenTurner
30th January 2014, 11:01 PM
Bedangerous, if you don't hear from Hotrodder97 I will email him, I think he is flat out for a couple of weeks, he is a great guy, Amos:):)

coffenup
5th February 2014, 11:59 PM
thank you to the organisers & also all that entered this
I missed this year but will be involved next year
I hope everyone has a great time and makes new friends
regards Michael

bassmansimon
6th February 2014, 08:58 AM
thank you to the organisers & also all that entered this
I missed this year but will be involved next year
I hope everyone has a great time and makes new friends
regards Michael

Hi Michael,

Sorry you missed the cut-off.
If you're still interested in doing a pen swap, I'm always happy for another partner. If you're interested (and assuming it's ok with forum moderators since it's after the date), send me a PM with your details and I'd be happy to do a pen swap with you.

Cheers,
Simon.