PDA

View Full Version : Getting an idea.

Scott
11th December 2013, 09:54 PM
I'm in an uneviable situation where I have to move all my equipment from the shed pretty soon. My storage options are very limited apart from having to pay. Paying for storage prevents me from using and enjoying my hobby. Does anyone know or can offer any ideas as to how I can deal with this situation? That is, move my equipment somewhere whilst having the ability to use it? I hope someone can offer some sort of doable scenario.

Cheers,
Scott.

Sturdee
11th December 2013, 10:18 PM
Scott,

If I was in your position I would build another shed :U but I know you can't.

I have a mate who is a clock repairer who buys and sells and repairs antique clocks. Rather then renting a shop somewhere he is renting a storage unit at a Storage King place for the display and sale (by appointment) of his clocks as well as renting another unit that he has set up as his workshop for the repairs.

Means he hasn't got all the overheads and security problems and can come and go whenever the place is open.

I note there is a Storage King in Greensborough and that may be something to look into. Storage of your tools and still be able to use it for a reasonable price or can you store them at your woodturners club?

Peter.

Scott
11th December 2013, 10:29 PM
Thanks for your reply Peter, I value your responses. A good idea however unfortunately it's cost prohibitive unless it's making money.

dai sensei
12th December 2013, 11:40 AM
Sorry to hear, doesn't sound good :C. PM sent.

Cheers

Skew ChiDAMN!!
12th December 2013, 04:11 PM
Is there a Men's Shed near you?

Perhaps you could come up with some accomodation with the mgmt. Maybe allow them usage of certain larger items in exchange for storage?

Or perhaps one of their members would know of something local (to you) that would serve as well?

Mulgabill
12th December 2013, 04:49 PM
G'day Scott! What a predicament! :C
I was going to suggest that you advertise to share some space in an industrial estate with a kindred sole like a cabinetmaker, but I guess that they would also be looking to offset costs as well. Another is find an elderly homeowner how has a vacant garage and who is willing to allow use in exchange for lawn mowing etc.
Other than that I feel for you mate!:whatonearth:

I hope it works out.:sad1:

wheelinround
12th December 2013, 05:37 PM
Scott this doesn't sound good at all. If you know someone who has room maybe a cheap storage container 20ft or a demountable shed of size you might need.

chuck1
12th December 2013, 06:24 PM
my mate setup a bedroom as his workshop realestate agent was not overly impressed, he did keep it very tidy though!

rsser
14th December 2013, 04:28 PM
If it's temporary you're welcome to use my lathe and shed Scott.