PDA

View Full Version : Corian pen holding beaker.

Sturdee
13th December 2013, 04:39 PM
Last time I visited my Corian supplier I was able to obtain some yellow off cuts. This allowed me to make a Christmas present in the Richmond footy club colours for a mad tiger fan. :)

So I made a pen holding beaker for her. A bit more complicated then my normal turning as it required a 9 pieces of black Corian to be glued together and when cured cutting diagonal on the TS and glueing in a yellow piece for the famous yellow stripe.

Finish is sanding with Micro mesh and then buffing on my buffing lathe.

Here are some photos:

Front.

Top.

Bottom.

and with some pens.

Enjoy,

Peter.

Big Shed
13th December 2013, 04:46 PM
Looking good Peter:2tsup:

You will have to make some matching pens using the black and yellow Corian, it makes good pen blanks.

Sturdee
13th December 2013, 07:18 PM
Looking good Peter:2tsup:

You will have to make some matching pens using the black and yellow Corian, it makes good pen blanks.

Fred, the first pen I made was a Corian slimline in Collingwood colours, with thin black and white stripes, also as a present.

I had so much trouble with the laminated thin strips that It took 4 tries before I got it right. Making a slimline in a solid colour is bad enough as the Corian is only 12 mm thick and trying to make one with a diagonal yellow stripe is worse but I might give it a go.

I seem to like the more difficult things, maybe I should try to make a one piece pen in slimline. I'll have to do a search for a tutorial on that.

Peter.