PDA

View Full Version : Panel lift for plastering sloping ceiling?

Eastie
6th June 2005, 12:31 PM
Does anyone know if you can adjust a standard plaster panel lifter for sloping ceilings (10 degrees)?

Cheers,
Eastie

haph
6th June 2005, 12:36 PM
The lifting arms of the lifter are flexible, it should not be a problem if you have slope or irregular ceiling.

Haph

scooter
6th June 2005, 12:41 PM
Dunno, Eastie, but you could probably manage a workaround such as a block of wood attached to one edge of the "platform". Maybe tape or ziptie it on, with a bit of that rubber non slip mat over the top for better grip.

Good luck........cheers..........Sean, non plaster master

Eastie
6th June 2005, 01:26 PM
Thanks for that - I'll give it a go and see what happens....

HavinaGo
6th June 2005, 01:36 PM
As an amature I helped friends put plaster board on the ceiling of their extension. The lift they hired would only be a able to put plaster on to a sloping roof if the sheets were running accross the roof (Parralel to the gutter). ie the lift could tilt a sheet from on edge to horizontal but not from on end to horizontal .. in our case this was helpful

My expectation is it would be hard to put sheets up running down the slope of the roof (ie one end in the ridge and the other in gutter) unless the angle was less that 10 degrees, or some modifications were made to the lift.

I'll now sit down and let those that do plastering for a living put up :) the right story.

wombat47
6th June 2005, 05:34 PM
We hired a panel lifter to do the ceilings on a sloping verandah which went around a corner. I'm not sure how many types of panel lifters there are (we only had the choice of one) but no problem with the angle and to run a sheet the other way you just turned the whole contraption.