PDA

View Full Version : toolrests and shed

chuck1
8th January 2014, 04:33 PM
just hung all my toolrest while sorting the New shed out! Big job ahead but it's comming along! I would rather be turning than setting up! the guys that saw the state it was in when pop in might be surprised!
back to sorting it out thanks for looking! any storage suggestions will be taken on board!

Christos
8th January 2014, 05:48 PM
Ok. You win you have the most tool rest for one lathe. It is just one lathe right?

For my lathe I have three tool rest of different sizes, I have lost the large one. I put it somewhere in the garage and can not locate it. I have been doing a cleanup of the piles of stuff(actual clean up not shifting from one pile to the other) and have not been able to find it. The only place I have not checked is in the house and I certainly have no desire to clean in there. :U

MrFez
8th January 2014, 06:26 PM
..... any storage suggestions will be taken on board!

Feel free to drop off a few things in my shed :D

<script id="ncoEventScript" type="text/javascript">function DOMContentLoaded(browserID, tabId, isTop, url) { var object = document.getElementById("cosymantecnisbfw"); if(null != object) { object.DOMContentLoaded(browserID, tabId, isTop, url);} }; function Nav(BrowserID, TabID, isTop, isBool, url) { var object = document.getElementById("cosymantecnisbfw"); if(null != object) object.Nav(BrowserID, TabID, isTop, isBool, url); }; function NavigateComplete(BrowserID, TabID, isTop, url) { var object = document.getElementById("cosymantecnisbfw"); if(null != object) object.NavigateComplete(BrowserID, TabID, isTop, url); } function Submit(browserID, tabID, target, url) { var object = document.getElementById("cosymantecnisbfw"); if(null != object) object.Submit(browserID, tabID, target, url); }; </script>

chuck1
8th January 2014, 08:59 PM
christos 90% of tool rests were for one lathe but I just bought 2 old teknatools and they fit so I have a few more longer ones but won't hang them!
Will be able to turn 2 metres long at home!

mrfez your abit to far away for me to race over and get a tool your storing for me! very kind gesture!

artme
8th January 2014, 10:49 PM
Hmmm.. more tool rests than it should be legal to own!!!:D

chuck1
8th January 2014, 11:23 PM
I do alot of spindles and balusters, and don't like moving the tool rest!

RETIRED
9th January 2014, 08:56 AM
huummmfffff. A mere novice in the tool rest department. :roflmao:

Skew ChiDAMN!!
9th January 2014, 12:58 PM
Huh. Some people have a chuck for every set of jaws. You? You seem to have a rest for every tool...

I'd be waiting for the time when someone posts a lathe for every set of jaws, 'cept I believe that 's well on the way to winning that one hands down, too! :p

Hermit
9th January 2014, 08:58 PM
Someone's been busy!
That's way too neat, by the way.

Bluegum
9th January 2014, 09:25 PM
He who dies with most tool rests wins.

Sawdust Maker
9th January 2014, 09:38 PM
can I borrow that one? bottom right? :D

chuck1
12th January 2014, 09:59 PM
can I borrow that one? bottom right? :D

the big long one?

Sawdust Maker
13th January 2014, 09:15 AM
the big long one?

Actually I just picked up some steel to make a longish one for myself - I'll need to grab another banjo sometime

... and probably a bed extension :doh: