PDA

View Full Version : A Simple Project

brendan stemp
10th January 2014, 08:13 AM
G'day All,

I have just uploaded a new video that may be of interest to some. It looks at the making of a razor handle. A simple project with all steps clearly explained.

Turning a Razor Handle - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrfYGVzTHd8&list=UUYJ4e0XACGJQjJvfmVUcE-Q&feature=c4-overview)

My plan is to upload new projects every week along with my new segement "A Minute of BS". My hope is to create one of the best Woodturning YouTube channels with interesting content that is well explained and clearly demonstrated, all so woodturners, young and old, newbies and more experienced, can access good content free of charge. However, to make this possible I need sponsors so that I can afford the huge time commitment that goes into producing a video (this 12 min video took more than 1&1/2 days to film and edit). And to attract sponsors I need a big subscriber base. This is where you can help. Simply subscibe to my channel and spread the word. Subscribing is simple and all it means is you get an email notification of my next upload. Nothing more; you will not be bombarded with spam.

And if there is anyone or company out there that would like to sponsor me then contact me and I can let you know what I can do for you.:)

Your help will be appreciated. Brendan

Dalboy
10th January 2014, 09:07 AM
Great video and have subscribed

artme
10th January 2014, 10:33 AM
Top stuphph Brendan!!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

I've ofyen wondered about clear epoxy used as you did for the razor.:)

brendan stemp
11th January 2014, 04:10 PM
Great video and have subscribed

Thanks Dalboy. And please spread the word around the UK.

Hermit
11th January 2014, 08:34 PM
Another good one Brendan, and thanks for taking the time to mention the lathe tools used, angle of attack etc. All very helpful to those of us who are just starting out.
(Already subscribed, but I'll help spread the word.)

Oldgreybeard
11th January 2014, 08:44 PM
Enjoyed your video - but not sure what I would do with a razor!
BTW I also subscribed.
Bob

brendan stemp
12th January 2014, 06:36 AM
BTW I also subscribed.
Bob

A present for the man (or woman) with everything (except a beard).:D

SNAFU11
12th January 2014, 07:09 AM
I have been a subscriber for a while Brendan and have always liked your videos as you explain things very well especially a novice like myself who hasn't been turning all that long..look forward to watching your next installments..:2tsup:
cheers Mick!!!

brendan stemp
12th January 2014, 08:32 AM
I have been a subscriber for a while Brendan and have always liked your videos as you explain things very well especially a novice like myself who hasn't been turning all that long..look forward to watching your next installments..:2tsup:
cheers Mick!!!
Thanks for the feedback, Mick, and your subscription. One reason I do the videos is because I really like helping novice woodturners. The more I can help enjoy their woodturning the better, as far as I'm concerned. I love it so much myself and I get a real buzz when I get someone letting me know one of my videos has really helped them.

Tim the Timber Turner
12th January 2014, 09:30 AM

Your legs man! what about your legs?

brendan stemp
12th January 2014, 10:18 AM
Your legs man! what about your legs?

Seriously, that's what my son uses it for. Some explanation now needed to save his reputation. Come football season he needs to tape up his ankles and, so the untaping doesn't hurt so much, he shaves this part of his legs. Other members of the family like it for their legs too (the females of the household).