PDA

View Full Version : lowboy lever taps.

th62
14th January 2014, 11:32 AM
I have a Jayco camper fitted with a lowboy hand pump tap (lever type). Every time we head off somewhere the tap starts leaking after a day or two. The leak is between the upper and lower halves around the lever hinge area. Once pulled apart and reassembled it works fine for the rest of the trip, the very next time we head off it leaks again and I have to strip/reassemble it – really getting sick of this. I’ve put a couple of kits through it – all to no avail. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Are these taps known for this? I don’t want to buy another and find I still have the same problem.

RETIRED
15th January 2014, 05:04 PM
I am not familiar with that style of tap but could it be that the seals are "shrinking" whilst in storage?

Perhaps a little pump every now and again may keep the seals lubricated.

BobL
15th January 2014, 08:27 PM
sorry I can help but am sympathetic to your cause - yesterday the cold water tap in our Avan started leaking and I can't see much of a way out other than replacement.

lionelo
25th November 2014, 09:43 AM
I have a Jayco camper fitted with a lowboy hand pump tap (lever type). Every time we head off somewhere the tap starts leaking after a day or two. The leak is between the upper and lower halves around the lever hinge area. Once pulled apart and reassembled it works fine for the rest of the trip, the very next time we head off it leaks again and I have to strip/reassemble it – really getting sick of this. I’ve put a couple of kits through it – all to no avail. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Are these taps known for this? I don’t want to buy another and find I still have the same problem.

Bit of a late reply. Take the paper gasket out. It is not needed.