PDA

View Full Version : Toowoomba visit

wheelinround
21st February 2014, 06:46 PM
Sue and I are heading to Toowoomba for a four days late March seems we arrive the day Toowoomba show starts so there's a day gone. Visit to Cobb & Co Musuem.

Any other suggestions to see and do would be appreciated as we have passed through often but never stopped.

Ray

Christos
25th February 2014, 11:44 PM
Where are the photos. :q

wheelinround
26th February 2014, 07:39 AM
Where are the photos. :q

:? Photos of what :rolleyes: me thinks you best read it again:roll:

Christos
7th March 2014, 04:29 PM
Still no photos?

snowyskiesau
7th March 2014, 05:22 PM
Late March :)

Christos
7th March 2014, 05:39 PM
Late March :)

I know. :D I am just been an annoyance to Ray.

snowyskiesau
7th March 2014, 07:52 PM
I thought it might have been a previous event Ray reported on - also without pictures.

Enjoy the warm weather Ray.

crowie
7th March 2014, 08:02 PM
I have some very old relatives in Toowoomba... http://www.toowoombarc.qld.gov.au/facilities-and-recreation/cemeteries

From memory there are some very nice Parks & gardens though ''spring time'' is best at garden festival time...
http://www.toowoombarc.qld.gov.au/facilities-and-recreation/parksgardens

You could send a note to the visitor information centre... http://www.toowoombarc.qld.gov.au/facilities-and-recreation/visitor-information-centres

Old Croc
7th March 2014, 09:49 PM
Hi Ray and Sue,
Dont know of much in Twmba, but up the road to Crows Nest there used to be a Cucoo Clock museum and a Gourd farm. Dont know if they still operate. If you are going down the hill to Ipswich, i can highly recommend the Railway Workshop Museum. Have a safe trip.
Rgds,
Crocy.

wheelinround
7th March 2014, 10:07 PM
Christos annoying as it looks :no: you'll be blessed with the request after the event not before.

I thought it might have been a previous event Ray reported on - also without pictures.

Enjoy the warm weather Ray.

Thanks Geoff still warm here ATM wet but warm.

Crowie dead set what a hassle and they reside in the dead centre of town. Tourism checked and found lots to see and do. Starting with the Royal Show were we can check out our individual hobbies on show.

Richard thanks Crows Nest we have been through before also and yep stopped at Cuckoo works if we get a chance will be doing it again. Big thanks for mention of the steam museum :2tsup::2tsup:

Found Grandchester steam Mill also is operated by an old work mate so hope to call in there.

Thanks to all

Ray

wheelinround
7th April 2014, 10:42 AM
Although our trip via Tamworth to Toowoomba was one of never ceasing rain we did have some sunshine in and pleasant days over the 10 day trip.

Tamworth we caught up with Timbo Clark and his parents and a visit to Tamworth Craft centre which houses Spinners & Weavers, Men Shed, Turners group, Blacksmiths and much more the gallery is always full of works.

Toowoomba show first day Sue spent an hour with the local spinners, the local woodies had a display with some great works unfortunate that photo's were not allowed of any exhibits of any sort, be it art, photography etc.

Good to see the wood chop though all hard wood unlike Penrith show they use Poplar :doh:

Cobb & Co museum could have spent more hours photographing the carriages. Almost missed seeing see the amazing Ruffly Rustic, there was something that stood out about her tho. Shame Andy Mac was not around his workshop is amazing, the blacksmith shop bigger still.

Down the hill to Munruben and stayed with Munruben/John Liz and their family. John had just had 2 sheep clipped so Sue brought home a bag of fleece :roll:

A very slow drive down the M1 from NSW boarder to Tinonee and Artisans on The Hill :(( bloody road works what should have been a 7hr trip turned into 9 hrs. A very rest full stay with Peter & Christine in the Huon room.

Down then to Raymond Terrace to call in to see Dorno in a frantic state a job had gone all wrong, not his fault but a late night previous and some quick work in the morning had brought him to a very close well timed fix. Newcastle and Claw Hammer's workshop I bet he's still wiping drool off his floor seeing the Master carver and his Rock works amazing :2tsup:. We were to go and have dinner but mother nature decided otherwise as the heavens opened yet again.

Hunter Valley woodies demo day with Joey Richardson finalised our trip here we caught up with many wooides from far and wide and even some old friends from the OTGA, Dorno again and Wood Nut Paul who had organised the demo well done again Paul.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup: Thanks also to Joey for an excellent presentation and insight into her work.

A few photos.

dai sensei
7th April 2014, 11:19 PM
Shame about the rain, but it is the wet season, and it sounds like you still had a good time :2tsup:. Great to see Ruffly looking well and still true to the cause :D

fenderbelly
8th April 2014, 03:02 PM
Looks like you had a good time despite the rain.

Photos with no names, arggggggg

wheelinround
9th April 2014, 09:11 AM
Looks like you had a good time despite the rain.

Photos with no names, arggggggg

Fred sorry but the wood chop guys were to busy to ask their names :q and those axes were bloody honed to surgical edge. :oo:

Ok group photo from right to left Sue/LOML, Liz.Mrs Munruben, John/Munruben, Me

2 in photo is Ruffley Rustic/ Wendy and myself.

fenderbelly
9th April 2014, 11:36 AM
Thanks, i forgot to say i loved the "rules for teachers "