PDA

View Full Version : Lathe questions

cookie48
14th March 2014, 02:29 PM
Folks.
Yep me again on about lathes.
I tried to contact Woodfast in Adelaide and no answer. Both phone numbers on their web site no longer exist. I have sent an email but no response.
Are they still in operation??

Further questions.
1. How come all Vicmark prices are the same no matter where you look. Is this price fixing??????
2. If I purchase a lathe from interstate just how do I go about warranty claims. ( I had a metal lathe and had all sorts of problems with warranty claims)
3. Is Carba-tec no longer selling Vicmark chucks? Their web site does not show any.

Cookie

Jim Carroll
14th March 2014, 03:47 PM
Vicmarc have a great after sales service, they are very helpfull in all ways, any problems give them a quick call and they can usually sort you out over the phone.

They have a great product which you dont hear anyone complain about.

Their resale value is always high.

There is no price fixing

All australian made which allows for better quality control.

China
15th March 2014, 01:22 AM
The phone number on the Woodfast website was still in operation on Thursday when I rang them

brendan stemp
15th March 2014, 12:46 PM
The phone number on the Woodfast website was still in operation on Thursday when I rang them

And I got through to them yesterday (Friday) using the number I got off their website.

As another Vicmarc agent I can confer with Jim and say there is no price fixing going on and I'm sure Tim Skilton would say the same. The prices you see are the RRP which we all use. Buy from your local agent so you can get the after sale service you may need.

cookie48
15th March 2014, 01:14 PM
Folks.
I stand corrected on the price fixing comment. What I was refering to is all sellers have same price no matter what. A message from Jim Carroll explained it all.
Will try the Woodfast numbers again.
I will have to have chat with Treasurer to see if we can go Vic marc.
Thanks for your feedback.
Cookie

Pat
15th March 2014, 01:47 PM
If you buy direct from Woodfast, their service is very good!

I had a microswitch issue upon arrival and it was fixed over the phone at about 2000hrs Eastern time.

You are only 40 odd minutes from them.:U

Mobyturns
15th March 2014, 08:11 PM
Folks.

Further questions.
1. How come all Vicmark prices are the same no matter where you look. Is this price fixing??????

Cookie

Actually that could be considered a plus, given that Vicmarc is based in Brisbane, Jim Carrol is in Melbourne, Brendan in Horsham etc. :) I realise you will have to pay freight from them onwards.

China
16th March 2014, 12:56 AM
40 mins ? it's been a while since you were over here has it