PDA

View Full Version : Large egg box

Dalboy
23rd April 2014, 02:44 AM
I am a member of a few woodworking forums and on one of them we have a friendly competition and this months challenge is to turn an Egg.

Well this is it not sure of the wood but I believe it to be sycamore and the band is Sapele, Measurements are 4 1/8" tall and 3" across wall thickness is 1/4". Finish is the good old Sander sealer followed by canuba wax (sometimes the old ones are the best)

artme
23rd April 2014, 10:48 AM
Nicely done Dalboy!! :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Reminds me of Gulliver's Travels.

crowie
23rd April 2014, 11:00 AM
That old lathe coupled with your abilities and talents Derek surely combined on this egg.....first class first prize sir...beautiful timber and finish, well done..

Hermit
23rd April 2014, 04:51 PM
Very nice, Derek. I really like this egg. :2tsup:
The Sapele band was a nice touch, too.

Dalboy
26th April 2014, 04:36 AM
Sorry for late reply everyone. Thank you for the comments.

Peter this was on the new lathe. Will be putting this onto the website tomorrow for the competition

Sturdee
27th April 2014, 12:22 AM
Nice work Derek, I like the egg box and the ring you turned to hold it. :2tsup:

But it's a bit disappointing to read that you are having so much fun getting wood, a new lathe and turning boxes whilst I'm still working on our kitchen renovation, turning boxes is more fun than installing new bench tops.

Peter.

Dalboy
27th April 2014, 05:26 AM
Nice work Derek, I like the egg box and the ring you turned to hold it. :2tsup:

But it's a bit disappointing to read that you are having so much fun getting wood, a new lathe and turning boxes whilst I'm still working on our kitchen renovation, turning boxes is more fun than installing new bench tops.

Peter.

I know what you mean Peter it is a hard life just trying to have fun in the workshop:lolabove::lolabove: