PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familiar with this inverter / vsd?

Oldgreybeard
1st May 2014, 03:52 PM
312225312226The markings on the equipment are:
Industry Uniserve Pty Ltd Sydney Model MIC2011-2B

It is a single phase to 3 phase inverter with Variable speed control running a 2hp 3 phase motor on my Technatool Nova 3. There is a contol box attached to the headstock with On, Off and Speed control (potentiometer).

I want to add an auxilliary on/off switch to be mounted on the tailstock end of the stand.

I worked for many years as a computer technician, but unfortunately know ziltch about this type of equipment. There is a company CSE-Uniserve Pty Ltd in Sydney, but thier support staff are "not familiar" with this model.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Bob

Electrical Disclaimer and Warning

DISCLAIMER

No liability is accepted by UBeaut or the Wood Working Forum's administrators
or moderators for advice offered by members posting replies
or asking questions regarding electrical work.
We strongly advise contacting a Licensed Tradeperson for all electrical work.
WARNING

Information supplied within posts is not to be considered as detailed formal instructions to complete a task.
Members following such information do so at their own risk

Forum Moderators

jhovel
1st May 2014, 06:15 PM
The off switch in your control box SHOULD be a normally closed switch if it is a bush button. Any more switches should simply be wired in series. Start buttons are normally open and additional switches are wired in parallel.

Cheers,
Joe

Oldgreybeard
1st May 2014, 06:31 PM
The off switch in your control box SHOULD be a normally closed switch if it is a bush button. Any more switches should simply be wired in series. Start buttons are normally open and additional switches are wired in parallel.

Cheers,
Joe

Thanks Joe. The switches in the control box appear to be activating normally opened and normally closed relays.
Would it be better to wire the new switches in series / parallel as you say from the existing control box or can the unused No / Nc positions on the right hand side of the connector strip on the inverter be used?

Bob

NCArcher
1st May 2014, 07:27 PM
No you can't use the unused No / Nc positions on the right hand side of the connector strip on the inverter. They are for a relay output from the VSD. If the buttons are operating relays check that the stop button is actually NC. It may be using the NC contact on the relay.

jhovel
2nd May 2014, 06:40 PM
As NCarcher says: no other connections. Wire them actually in series with the switches, not the relays though.

Cheers,
Joe

Oldgreybeard
2nd May 2014, 08:11 PM
Absolutely agree with the disclaimer added by the moderators - the work will be carried out by a licenced electrician.

What we needed was information on which pins were inputs and which were outputs. My thanks for the information provided by members. I received an email this morning and the unit was manufactured in Sydney by the forerunner of CSE-Inverse and they are looking for information for me - including the programming to activate the forward / reverse function.

Legally I am qualified to carry out the work, but as I said in the origin post, I know nothing about this type of electronic equipment and reckon my life is worth more than saving a few dollars on not having the work done by someone who knows what they are doing.

Thanks for adding the warning, I should have included that myself.

Bob

nalmo
2nd May 2014, 09:25 PM
Control switches which are Normally Open should be wired in parallel, switches which are Normally Closed should be wired in series.

jhovel
2nd May 2014, 09:57 PM
Control switches which are Normally Open should be wired in parallel, switches which are Normally Closed should be wired in series.

As I proposed in my first reply post....

Cheers,
Joe

nalmo
2nd May 2014, 10:02 PM
Silly me. I should read more carefully.

jhovel
3rd May 2014, 03:42 PM
:) not having a shot, just being silly....

Cheers,
Joe