PDA

View Full Version : Visitation from QLD Friends.

issatree
8th May 2014, 11:16 AM
Hi All,
We had a visit as arranged from Big A ( Alister & Mary ) on the 7th.May. I showed them my Messy Garage/Shed, & my Wood Collection. They were well Rugged Up as they have based themselves in Ballarat, Vic. 12Deg. but a bit colder overnight.
It was a mild 14Deg. here in Bell Post Hill, Vic, so they had a 1hr. drive. They were wondering if they could ever miss all the rain.

We had a Cuppa, Chin Wag, Showed Photos, then Swapped some Wood, & I received some Sally Wattle & returned the favour with a bit of Jarrah & some wood I had no idea what it was.
Big A thought he could make good use of it.

These days are great, just to see what other Forum Members get up to.

It was a pity as there were a few going events on in the next few days, but they could not see their way clear to be involved.

They have to be back in Rockhampton shortly, but it really good to get the visit.

FenceFurniture
8th May 2014, 11:58 AM
Yep, nothing like a face to the fingertips Lewis. It changes your participation in the forum (for the much better), I reckon.

Big A
8th May 2014, 10:22 PM
Yeah, we wuz the ones from Qld. Enjoyed the visit, thanks Lewis, and probably should do more of it, but I am not one to push myself onto others. Also enjoyed the look around Geelong, and the little ceramic fan heater we bought in the big shopping centre!

We did call in on Brendan earlier , up near Horsham, as well, but he did not hear me and the pair of dishlickers at the front door bluffed me.

I also said hello to Phil the "Steam Whisperer" (from the metalwork side of the forum) at Sovereign Hill. He was working, if you could call it that!

We have a lot to see down here, so have to keep moving.

Cheers,
Alister.