PDA

View Full Version : Suitable Chuck jaws

artme
15th May 2014, 12:43 PM
I have a SN2 Chuck and want to know if there are jaws to fit that will solve the following problem:

Most of my turning has been small stuphph and any larger turning, such as bowls, has been done with the chuck in expansion mode in a recess in the bottom of the bowl.

However, I started some pieces at the club before I left Bris. and these were done with spigots using the jaws
in compression mode.

The spigots are between about 88mm and 96 mm. Is there a set of jaws that will do the job of holding these pieces and also fit my SN2 chuck???

Skew ChiDAMN!!
15th May 2014, 01:24 PM
However, I started some pieces at the club before I left Bris. and these were done with spigots using the jaws
in compression mode.

The spigots are between about 88mm and 96 mm. Is there a set of jaws that will do the job of holding these pieces and also fit my SN2 chuck???

Teknatool lists the jaw ranges for spigot, expansion & square stock on part of their web page. (http://www.teknatool.com/products/Chuck_Accessories/Index.htm)

Looking at that, the Power Grips handle spigots between 77 & 98mm & the 100mm (4") will handle 78 to 99mm.

Personally I like the Power Grips, but the 100mm may 'fit in' better with your existing jaws.

chuck1
15th May 2014, 02:32 PM
Also some of nova jaws have extra hole with treads that you can attach timber jaws to depending on what needs to be held!

artme
15th May 2014, 02:50 PM
Thanks fellas!!

Tried to get onto the Teknatool site yesterday but I wasn't successful.

Must have been a gremlin at work because it came up today.

The Powergrip seem to be the go as it has some versatility to it.

dabbler
15th May 2014, 05:13 PM
I think Carbatec have a dowloadable pdf that lists the Nova range of jaws.

Edit: Here’s the url. Probably straight from Teknatool.
http://www.carbatec.com.au/teknatool-jaw-range-pdf-download_c21039

artme
15th May 2014, 06:55 PM
Thanks dabbler. I had checked that out but the Power Grip Jaws are not listed.