PDA

View Full Version : Rangehood installation

mangrovejack
18th June 2005, 07:36 PM
Hi,

We just bought a Canopy rangehood to install in our new kitchen. We don't have any overhead cupboards, so there is nowhere to actually put a powerpoint. So how do people do this? I've seen other people without overhead cupboards with the same layout as us. Is it a matter of getting a powerpoint installed in the roof or behind the ducting somehow?

Thanks.

macca2
18th June 2005, 07:49 PM
I have a new stainless steel rangehood which is installed on the wall and the power point is on the wall inside the flue cover. The flue is round and 100mm in diam and the cover is rectangle 250x150.
If yours is a canopy, as in hanging from the ceiling over an island hot plate, I guess the power point would be in the roof.

Macca

boban
18th June 2005, 07:50 PM
The cover which comes from the top of the hood is where you put the new powerpoint. When the cover goes back on its covered. The cover is usually put back on with a couple of small screws.

jasonbrisbane
18th June 2005, 11:35 PM
can u buy rangehoods that vent staight thru the wall instead of thru the roof?

ian
19th June 2005, 12:10 AM
With ours, we got the sparkie to hard wire it to a switch on the wall about 300mm above the bench. Flick the switch and the range hood lights and/or fan come on.

macca2
19th June 2005, 11:29 AM
jasonbrisbane...all the ones i have seen that vent outside can go thru the ceiling or the wall. outside wall of course

Critex
12th March 2007, 11:58 AM
If you need any help installing it these guys are really good http://www.riads.com.au