PDA

View Full Version : A Few completed

wheelinround
31st May 2014, 05:48 PM
Just a few completed works of late, some were turned last year. Like the Jacaranda Vases put aside to wait a Satin spray finish. The Ginger Jar also but a gloss finish. Cedar Trivet been floating about for years.

The Ficus/fig was from my sons tree a branch cut down 2 years ago the same tree some fellows got some of at the beginning of the year. I have a lid to make but it will be while till it is finished.

Old Croc
31st May 2014, 08:32 PM
Very nice work Ray, but no nice North Queensland timber in there, have to fix that soon, I have a month off so who knows what I may find in the cleanup.
Rgds,
Crocy.

chuck1
31st May 2014, 09:04 PM
Wow lots of projects! All looking good!

artme
31st May 2014, 09:14 PM
Good stuphph Ray!! :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Was convinced you were hibernating!!!

powderpost
31st May 2014, 09:23 PM
Good stuff there Ray.. :2tsup:
Jim

wheelinround
31st May 2014, 10:58 PM
Very nice work Ray, but no nice North Queensland timber in there, have to fix that soon, I have a month off so who knows what I may find in the cleanup.
Rgds,
Crocy.

Good job I've been using some wood then :; Richard I still have 2 pieces of beautiful Quilted QLD Maple from you sitting ready to be used even have the shape etc in mind.

wheelinround
31st May 2014, 11:02 PM
Good stuphph Ray!! :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Was convinced you were hibernating!!!

Not in 25C temps Arthur but almost :stretcher: a week or so ago ok now all good just rotten virus x 3 ............now the :cold: is setting in so it could happen.

Lots of other stuff happening over the next month or so, so will be quiet again.

Hermit
1st June 2014, 01:29 AM
You've been busy Ray. Nice work. :2tsup:
I was pleased to see that you finished the spinning wheel restoration, too. Came up very nice. I can't wait to see the copy when you get around to it.

wheelinround
1st June 2014, 10:23 AM
You've been busy Ray. Nice work. :2tsup:
I was pleased to see that you finished the spinning wheel restoration, too. Came up very nice. I can't wait to see the copy when you get around to it.

Thanks Steve had to clear some more space and as this weather has turned crap I have 3 more bowls drying which have WoP on them humidity is slowing things down. Plus making birthday gifts for 2 Grandchildren, oldest son and SiL:doh:

I_wanna_Shed
1st June 2014, 10:55 AM
Great work Ray, love all the pieces. I have to try a vase one day - too scared of hollow turning!

Allan at Wallan
2nd June 2014, 11:37 AM
C'mon Ray, tell the truth.

What shop did you buy them at?

Well done, good to see you are keeping yourself
busy. Keep up the good work.

Allan

Christos
2nd June 2014, 09:06 PM
I just saw this thread and yep you have lost me on a few pieces because I would not know type of wood from the other:C. All in all very well done at getting the little projects completed. :2tsup:

wheelinround
3rd June 2014, 09:52 AM
I just saw this thread and yep you have lost me on a few pieces because I would not know type of wood from the other:C. All in all very well done at getting the little projects completed. :2tsup:

:doh: Gee Christos (http://woolnwood.blogspot.com.au/2014/05/in-background.html)how long now and even with the name on bits of timber people have given you you still are at a loss :q or is this due to many visits south of the boarder causing memory loss.:rolleyes:

Christos
3rd June 2014, 10:21 AM
Worked it out now after providing the link. :q

hughie
3rd June 2014, 10:17 PM
...you have been busy Ray, must have had nice warm weather in the garage :U Nicely done sir.:2tsup:

wheelinround
4th June 2014, 12:23 AM
Worked it out now after providing the link. :q

Time to put your glasses on Christos not your :cool: at the bottom of every post is the link to our blog :rolleyes:

wheelinround
4th June 2014, 12:25 AM
...you have been busy Ray, must have had nice warm weather in the garage :U Nicely done sir.:2tsup:

Thanks Neil sure was and got them done just in time to. 3 still drying not shown here damn WoP and cold damp weather :~

Christos
4th June 2014, 09:39 PM

I have said it before and I will say it again. Put on your thermal underwear and you will be able to spend more time in the garage. Don't worry about scratching. :hmm:

Time to put your glasses on Christos not your :cool: at the bottom of every post is the link to our blog :rolleyes:

Who reads the blog?