PDA

View Full Version : Does Anybody know....

artme
11th June 2014, 12:19 PM
where it might be possible to get plastic tubes to store drill bits??

I want to sort and store my bits, as well as label them for ease of reference and access.

I know some drill bits come in a neat plastic tube and these would be ideal for what i want to do.

Hermit
11th June 2014, 12:41 PM
What about clear PVC tubing in a couple of sizes for different drill bits? Mitre 10 carries a good range of PVC tubing sizes, (here in Nowra at least). You could make small wooden plugs for the ends, possibly from dowel.

chuck1
11th June 2014, 06:42 PM
The nice lady at the local pathology place gave me a bag of them and I made a bud vase with one of the tubes as a thankyou! It's always good to ask questions!

Poloris
11th June 2014, 07:31 PM
I thought the plastic tubes that were sent to me as part of a bowel cancer testing kit, would be very suitable for storing drill bits.
I have not seen any other like them.
Mark

Hermit
11th June 2014, 09:22 PM
How about these ones Arthur? 83mm x 11mm, 25 for $3.81.
25x Newest Wholesale Clear Plastic Empty Test Tube Make Wish Bottles 83*11mm (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/25x-Newest-Wholesale-Clear-Plastic-Empty-Test-Tube-Make-Wish-Bottles-83-11mm-/201066177365?pt=AU_Breweriana&hash=item2ed07a6355#ht_2784wt_1038)

dougturner
11th June 2014, 10:02 PM
art me;my wife does tapestry as well as card making, so I get to go into a lot of strange shops that I wouldn't go by myself. If you have a shop in your area that sells buttons, they do not recycle the tubes the buttons come in, but just throw them out. I have used these tubes for holding water for live flowers in a wooden bud vase/weed pot, for storing "stuff" in as the tubes have a cap. usually with a sample button fixed to the cap. Buttons, therefore the tubes, come in different diameters, so you might just find what you are looking for in a shop you wouldn't ordinarily go into alone. Best of luck. Doug. :U

nalmo
11th June 2014, 10:39 PM
Search ebay for "plastic test tubes".

I recently bought a scroll saw and a heap of different size blades- the plastic tubes are ideal for storing (the blades).