PDA

View Full Version : Antique Coffee Grinders

WoodWriteOz
18th August 2014, 11:11 AM
G'day....I would like contact details of any Australian Suppliers of the Antique Coffee Grinder Kits...they are cheap enough in the USA but their 'shipping' costs an arm and two legs...help would be appreciated...

Regards....George

pommyphil
18th August 2014, 12:38 PM
Yes, I've done the same search..... with the same result :(

Nice stainless ones with ceramic grinders on ebay, http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Manual-Coffee-Bean-Grinder-Stainless-Steel-Burr-Grinder-with-Ceramic-Core-/181390320432?pt=AU_CoffeeGrinders&hash=item2a3bb4a330&_uhb=1ed

Sprog
18th August 2014, 01:05 PM
G'day....I would like contact details of any Australian Suppliers of the Antique Coffee Grinder Kits...they are cheap enough in the USA but their 'shipping' costs an arm and two legs...help would be appreciated...

Regards....George

Antique Coffee Grinder Kits (http://www.popsshed.com.au/Product_Main.aspx?cid=47&scid=79&pid=896)

China
19th August 2014, 10:54 PM
There is most likley no Australian suppliers I bought some from USA about 5 years ago it took me three years to move them, in the end I virtualy gave them away

Sprog
19th August 2014, 11:11 PM
There is most likley no Australian suppliers I bought some from USA about 5 years ago it took me three years to move them, in the end I virtualy gave them away

Pop's Shed IS an Australian company, check out the link in the previous post..

Here is their physical address, you can't get more Australian than Victoria!

Pop's Shed
Unit 10b
Rear of 286 to 288 Maroondah Highway
Chirnside Park
Victoria
Australia

Sir Stinkalot
19th August 2014, 11:50 PM
Here is their physical address, you can't get more Australian than Victoria!

There is no question however that they would be hard to sell. To quote Pops Shed:

"This Cast Bronzed Coffee Grinder Mechanism kit will make a great gift for any coffee lover. "

It would hard to convince a coffee lover that these will produce an acceptable enough grind to be of any use. As a coffee lover I was given something similar as a gift years ago and I don't think it has seen the light of day ..... it might be ok for herbs I guess!

tea lady
20th August 2014, 12:23 AM
I think it would be fine for coffee lovers. Just have to use a bit of energy to get your cup of coffee. Perhaps if you had a handy 10 year old........

Just a nice object really. Like most wood turning. An excuse to buy a nice bit of wood.

China
21st August 2014, 04:02 AM
Right Sir sninkalot, coffe appreciation has come a long way, a true coffee lover would never use such a crude device, they have ornamental value only

ian thorn
21st August 2014, 02:33 PM
Pop's page shows he is out of stock.

Sir Stinkalot
21st August 2014, 09:43 PM
I think it would be fine for coffee lovers. Just have to use a bit of energy to get your cup of coffee. Perhaps if you had a handy 10 year old.......

Its not so much the manual grinding but more so the quality and consistency of the grind produced. I use a little hand grinder at work and it doesn't take too long to grind enough for a cup .... about the same time as waiting for the kettle to boil.

tea lady
21st August 2014, 10:58 PM
Pop's page shows he is out of stock.Hmm. I thought he still had a couple on the desk. I do have one in my cupboard. I don't think I'm really going to use it for a while, if ever. Have enough on teh list as it is. So if you would like it Woodwriteoz I could send it over. Will check what I paid for it.

WoodWriteOz
22nd August 2014, 12:22 PM
Hmm. I thought he still had a couple on the desk. I do have one in my cupboard. I don't think I'm really going to use it for a while, if ever. Have enough on teh list as it is. So if you would like it Woodwriteoz I could send it over. Will check what I paid for it.

Yes please...negotiating with Brian Bennett to get some more..Please send email to [email protected] regarding payment via Paypal etc..

I appreciate this Anne-Marie

Regards...George

WoodWriteOz
3rd September 2014, 06:20 PM
Yes please...negotiating with Brian Bennett to get some more..Please send email to [email protected] regarding payment via Paypal etc..

I appreciate this Anne-Marie

Regards...George

Do you still have the spare one..?. I am making one to donate to the Busselton Mens Shed for a Raffle. Brian has sent me his last two...

By the way, any tips on making them...?

Regards....George
NB. Also sent you a PM and a message on your facebook page

tea lady
3rd September 2014, 07:19 PM
Sent PM.