PDA

View Full Version : Saw Table

martinlacy
2nd July 2005, 10:23 AM
I made the mistake of going to Carbatec yesterday to look at jointers and my thoughts turned to a new table saw. Most of those on display were Chinese although a couple of Delta and a Scheppach. Can anybody give me some opinions on table saws and in particular the Scheppach TS2010, Delta 10 inch DE-36-650 and Carbatec MJ2325B, or any other make and model which are recommended.

Martin

JDarvall
2nd July 2005, 10:41 AM
I can tell you what I think you SHOULDN'T buy.....the 12" tilting arbor saw bench (p47) for $995...the cheapie..... I was nieve enough to buy this.....maybe I just got unlucky with a bad one, I don't know....it vibrates, casting is poor, the top isn't really flat, and worst of all the fence is crap....... I spent forever getting the thing working right......I've ended up totally rebuilding the thing....... its definitely worth while buying the best when it comes to machinery I think .......goodluck

Gumby
2nd July 2005, 10:42 AM
Hi Martin, It would seem that the members of this forum have voted firmly in favour of the TSC-10HB.

There's so much information on it here that if you type TSC-10HB into the search box at the top of the page, you'll have enough info to keep you going for the rest of today and a good part of tomorrow.

Anyway, after lots and lots of research, that's the one 9 out of 10 people seem to get and the reports from them back to the forum have all been very positive.

I think it's around $1295. Carba-tec have it and also check the Timbecon website.

HTH. :)