PDA

View Full Version : Goblet turned at Prossy Turnout 2014.

Mobyturns
17th November 2014, 08:36 AM
This is my assembled goblet turned on Saturday at the 2014 Proserpine Turnout. Finished it stands just over 250 mm tall with a cup diameter of 73 mm and weighs in at 20 grams or 0.7 oz in the old scale. The rim thickness is down to approx 0.8 mm for a substantial section of the cup but thickens to about 2.5 mm in the center to give it some strength.

The cup is shown being turned in the Proserpine Turnout post. http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=186464&page=4

powderpost
17th November 2014, 02:28 PM
Getting the hang of it now? All it needs now is to join the cup to the stem with a thread... :p

Jim

dai sensei
17th November 2014, 03:55 PM
Looks great :cool:

Getting the hang of it now? All it needs now is to join the cup to the stem with a thread... :p

Jim

Nah, all one piece I reckon, get rid of the joint all together :rolleyes:

Mobyturns
17th November 2014, 05:43 PM
Looks great :cool:

Nah, all one piece I reckon, get rid of the joint all together :rolleyes:

Good luck making the blank.

Cliff Rogers
17th November 2014, 05:46 PM
Don't sneeze on it, it will fall over. :think:

Mobyturns
18th November 2014, 10:00 AM
Don't sneeze on it, it will fall over. :think:

Cliff you gave me a great idea for a name "Grecko Goblet" or "Edelsten's Folly". :rolleyes:

John Doyle
21st November 2014, 01:11 PM
I am so cheesed off that i had to miss this years turnout still being incapacitated with a mystery nerve complaint.Went to the doctor in Townsville yesterday and have started a new drug regime that may help. Back to the turnout.i agree with all who commented in the forum that i have experienced some great times and met some wonderful people there and would be very disappointed if it should fold.We at the Bowen club are right behind Prossy if and when they require some help we are only 90klm away.

Mobyturns
22nd November 2014, 06:39 PM
I am so cheesed off that i had to miss this years turnout ....

John, there was a pretty good assortment of projects on the go again this year. Just had to stop in for a feed of prawns in Bowen on the way down Thursday with my mate Max from Melbourne. Some Jocheim's fresh bread a 1/2 kilo of banana prawns & another 1/2 of tiger prawns some seafood sauce - nice feed. Only thing missing was a beer.