PDA

View Full Version : Friction burn

chuck1
20th November 2014, 01:42 PM
While turning some balusters the other day my thumb got caught between toolrest and roughed down round part of turning.
being a metre away from off switch I had to got my thumb out the way it went in , it all took about half a minute at 1800 rpm. and received a nice blister abit bigger than a 5 cent piece. If the toolrest was closer to the timber it may have been avoided or worse?!?
It's been some time since I've done that!
Oh well another scar to the collection.

hughie
21st November 2014, 08:33 PM
While turning some balusters the other day my thumb got caught between toolrest and roughed down round part of turning.
being a metre away from off switch I had to got my thumb out the way it went in , it all took about half a minute at 1800 rpm. and received a nice blister abit bigger than a 5 cent piece. If the toolrest was closer to the timber it may have been avoided or worse?!?
It's been some time since I've done that!
Oh well another scar to the collection.

buga! :U

Glenn.Visca
21st November 2014, 09:00 PM
Yowie !!!

How many different swear words ?

Mobyturns
21st November 2014, 10:40 PM
Ouch. I got away with out getting a burn in Prossy, doing a similar thing. Maybe I just had slightly faster reaction time.

chuck1
22nd November 2014, 06:55 AM
Bugaalright!

more swearing now as its on the inside of my thumb annoying when holding chisels etc.

It was towards the end of the day so reaction Times start to slow as fatigue sets in!

Mobyturns
22nd November 2014, 06:58 AM
Bugaalright!

more swearing now as its on the inside of my thumb annoying when holding chisels etc.

It was towards the end of the day so reaction Times start to slow as fatigue sets in!

Mine was too busy yapping :-

chuck1
22nd November 2014, 07:10 AM
Ahhh and honest man Mr mobyturns! I'll put mine down to stupidity!!!!

steamjunkprops
26th November 2014, 12:19 AM
Ouch,
First time ever using a lathe i did the exact same thing, i had to hit the power switch and try to reach the spanner for the toolrest.
Mine wore right through a few layers of skin.

sparkie54
26th November 2014, 05:16 PM
Mr mobyturns I didn't think you did any yapping at prossie:U

Mobyturns
26th November 2014, 06:27 PM
Mr mobyturns I didn't think you did any yapping at prossie:U

At least I didn't have to do a break & enter job!