PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Australia Day Pen Swap - Invitation to participate.

Christos
2nd December 2014, 12:03 PM
The Australia Day Pen Swap is supported by the Woodwork Forums and as such is only open to Woodwork Forum members. No matter where in the world you are located you are welcome to join in. All we ask is that you join these forums.

You can register your membership of the Woodwork Forums by clicking here. (http://www.woodworkforums.com/register.php)

So, now that’s out the way, the registration for the 2015 Australia Day pen swap is officially open!

Please be sure to register by midnight (Australian Eastern Daylight Savings time) on January 25th, 2015 so I can include you in the draw to receive a swap partner.

Everyone is welcome, from beginners to experts. The more the merrier. By joining you have the chance to make new friends and receive some great pens.

So here’s what you have to do. In this thread only, state your name, country you live in and whether you would like to swap one or two pens (to different swap partners). Also, could you please indicate if you would like to swap with someone overseas, if required. Could you please state your preference like this:

Forum Name. Country. (Number) Pens. Overseas (Yes/No).

On the 26th of January 2015 I’ll randomly match swap partners and list them in this thread (http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=190535).

After the draw is completed contact your partner(s), make a pen and send it post haste. Blanks can also be exchanged if desired however that’s between your partner and yourself. The swap is open to all styles of pens. Please complete all swaps by 31st of March, 2015.

Once you have received your pen from your swap partner(s), please describe what you have received, with photos, in this thread. (http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=190536)

Now we come to the rules and conditions and these are here to remind people that you are dealing with another person when swapping a pen. It is easy to get side tracked so lets try to keep this as a fun event and continue communicate with your exchanged partner or partners.

Rules, Conditions and General information for participating:

It is a condition of entry that you have read and understood the rules, conditions and general information.
You must be a member of the Woodwork Forums. Registration is easy and can be accessed here: Register at Woodwork Forums (http://www.woodworkforums.com/register.php)
If you’ve just registered to participate in this swap or have a limited number of posts I may ask for your email address as a condition of entry.
A condition of entry is that you acknowledge the possibility that your swap partner, for whatever reason, may not fulfill their part of the swap. Additionally you may be partnered with someone who is new at pen turning.
You accept responsibility for all costs associated with making and posting your pens as well as any other items you wish to post as well.
You MUST complete your swap(s), regardless. If you have any doubt about your ability to complete your swap at this point in time, please do not participate.
You MUST communicate your intentions at all times. It’s best to contact your partner(s) as soon as possible. Please communicate with each other via email. Using the private message system on the woodwork forums can be unreliable if members in-boxes are full.
The type of pen mechanism and blank you use on the pen is entirely up to you.
Swapping additional blanks is entirely at the discretion of yourself and your partner. It is NOT mandatory to swap additional blanks.
Members who did not completed their swap last year are not eligible to swap this year and any other subsequent years. If you know of anyone who has not completed their swap with you last year or previous years, could you please contact me via PM.
All swaps must be completed before March 31st 2015. If you are having trouble reaching this target then please contact myself or your swap partner ASAP.

What are you waiting for? REGISTER NOW!

Christos
5th December 2014, 05:52 PM
I have been wondering why no one had replied to this thread. So I thought that I might post an example. :)

Forum Name. Country. (Number) Pens. Overseas (Yes/No).

Christos. Australia. 1 Pen. No.

01. LeoGunner; Australia; 1 pen; Yes
02. DaveTTC, Australia , 1 pen , No
03. Darrin1200, Canada, 1, yes
04. Tangoman, Australia, 1, yes
05. Bedangerous, USA, 2 pens, yes
06. Mach70, Australia, 2 pens, Yes
07. Gabriel; Australia; 2 pens; Yes
08. oldgreybeard, Australia, 1, yes
09. USNR'03, USA, 2 pens, yes
10. asheddie, Australia, 1 pen, yes
11. mkypenturner, Australia, 2 pens, yes
12. Retired-Coastie, USA, 2 pens, yes
13. MrPukaShell, USA, 2 Pens, Yes
14. Jim Hinze; USA; 2 Pens; YES
15. Bassmansimon, Australia, 2, no
16. Grommett, Australia, 2, yes
17. Spankingpigeon, Australia, 2, yes
18. aussiepens, Australia, 1 pen, Yes
19. Beedeejay, Australia, 2, yes
20. David Mitchell, Australia, 2, yes
21. Corbs, Australia, 1 Pen, Yes
22. BamBam53, New Zealand, 1 pen, yes
23. Sturina, Australia, 2 pens,yes
24. simsonicole, Australia, 2 pens, yes

LeoGunner
5th December 2014, 06:14 PM
Hi Christos,

Never done a pen swap but keen to join in

LeoGunner; Australia; 1 pen; Overseas: not fussy :).

Regards,
Steve

DaveTTC
5th December 2014, 06:27 PM
DaveTTC, Australia , 1 pen , australia

darrin1200
6th December 2014, 12:04 AM
Well I'll jump in.

I was so glad when Amos accepted me as a partner last year as a late arrival. I dont do many swaps anymore, but this is one of them. I enjoy the chance to converse with someone around the world.

Darrin1200, Canada, 1, yes (ie not North America)

Tangoman
6th December 2014, 06:29 AM
Tangoman, Australia, 1, yes

Bedangerous
6th December 2014, 11:15 AM
Bedangerous, USA, 2 pens, overseas ok.

Thanks,
Mitch

I enjoy my pens from last year.

mach70
6th December 2014, 12:34 PM
Mach70, Australia, 2 pens, Overseas = Yes

Gabriel
6th December 2014, 05:10 PM
Gabriel; Australia; 2 pens; Overseas = Yes

Haven't tackled this one yet, but I think/hope my skills are up to the task this year!

Cheers

Christos
6th December 2014, 10:19 PM
List has been updated. Please check to ensure that I did not make any errors. :)

Oldgreybeard
7th December 2014, 07:40 PM
oldgreybeard, Australia, 1, yes

USNR'03
9th December 2014, 12:29 PM
USNR'03
USA
oversea yes, any where 2

Thanks for doing this swap I look forward to ever year.

Regards
Peter

asheddie
13th December 2014, 08:54 AM
asheddie, Aus, 1 pen, overseas yes.

mkypenturner
13th December 2014, 08:54 AM
mkypenturner australia

2 pens overseas yes

** even happy to help out to do a 3rd if needed to even the numbers out !

Retired-Coastie
13th December 2014, 02:45 PM
Retired-Coastie, USA, 2 blanks please, Overseas yes

MrPukaShell
14th December 2014, 12:51 AM
MrPukaShell, USA, 2 Pens, Yes

Beedeejay
14th December 2014, 01:20 AM
Hey All,
As much as I would love to participate, I am sorry to say I am ineligible for next years swap,
I had two partners in this years Aus Day Swap and I am one of those guys that no one wants to be.
It wasn't untill I seen a post on Facebook by MKYPenturner, and I came here to register that realised that I still hadn't completed one of my swaps, I wass partnered with Michigan Mike and I recieved his parcel and I didn't open it as I still had to finish my pen for him. I won't go into details but I had kit troubles and family issues to take care of and I had forgotten all about the pen, I then remembered and finished the pen off and packed it up ready for posting, more family issues came up and again the parcel got forgotten.

Jump forward to this weekend,
I have since been in touch with Mike to re confirm his postal details and his parcel will be in the mail Monday Morning. And I am hoping against the odds that he might receive it before Xmas and get a nice little surprise,
I have now opened his parcel which I had also put aside and also for gotten about and I am truly pleased with what he has sent me.

So as much as I would like to enter again I fear I have broken the rules by not completing the swap appropriately and I apologise again to Mike, and also everyone else involved in the swap.

good luck to all who will participating in the new year,

regards Ben

Jim Hinze
14th December 2014, 02:23 AM
Jim Hinze; USA; 2 Pens; Overseas: YES

bassmansimon
14th December 2014, 06:48 AM
Bassmansimon, Australia, 2, no

Thanks for arranging this again :)

Christos
15th December 2014, 01:15 PM
I have updated the list as noted in post number 2,

please check to ensure that I have not stuffed it up. :)

USNR'03
17th December 2014, 07:27 AM
Hey All,
As much as I would love to participate, I am sorry to say I am ineligible for next years swap,
I had two partners in this years Aus Day Swap and I am one of those guys that no one wants to be.
It wasn't untill I seen a post on Facebook by MKYPenturner, and I came here to register that realised that I still hadn't completed one of my swaps, I wass partnered with Michigan Mike and I recieved his parcel and I didn't open it as I still had to finish my pen for him. I won't go into details but I had kit troubles and family issues to take care of and I had forgotten all about the pen, I then remembered and finished the pen off and packed it up ready for posting, more family issues came up and again the parcel got forgotten.

Jump forward to this weekend,
I have since been in touch with Mike to re confirm his postal details and his parcel will be in the mail Monday Morning. And I am hoping against the odds that he might receive it before Xmas and get a nice little surprise,
I have now opened his parcel which I had also put aside and also for gotten about and I am truly pleased with what he has sent me.

So as much as I would like to enter again I fear I have broken the rules by not completing the swap appropriately and I apologise again to Mike, and also everyone else involved in the swap.

good luck to all who will participating in the new year,

regards Ben

Ben

If they don't let you play let me know and we can work somthing out.

Regards

Peter

Grommett
17th December 2014, 08:40 AM
Grommett, Australia, 2, yes.

DaveTTC
18th December 2014, 07:39 AM
Ben .... Life happens, I've been there for sure. I'll say plus one to Peter

Dave the turning cowboy

turning wood into art

Michigan Mike
19th December 2014, 12:14 AM
I was Ben's swap partner and I don't have any reason to stop him from being in this years swap. I know there are rules but Ben contacted
me and explained and I accepted his apologizes.
To publicly and personally apologize shows just how bad Ben felt.
I know that sometimes life gets in the way of our hobby.
Anyway I'm looking forward to a unexpected Christmas present.
Merry Christmas
Mike

Christos
19th December 2014, 09:05 AM
This rule states

Members who did not completed their swap last year are not eligible to swap this year and any other subsequent years. If you know of anyone who has not completed their swap with you last year or previous years, could you please contact me via PM.

And by going by what Beedeejay(Ben) has stated has is going to complete last years swap. I think in this case it would be fine for Ben to participate in the swap. What I require is for Beedeejay to reply accordingly within this thread.

spankingpigeon
19th December 2014, 10:51 PM
Spankingpigeon, Australia 2 pens and yes to both overseas and here

aussiepens
19th December 2014, 10:57 PM
aussiepens, Australia, 1 pen, Yes

Beedeejay
19th December 2014, 11:36 PM
This rule states

And by going by what Beedeejay(Ben) has stated has is going to complete last years swap. I think in this case it would be fine for Ben to participate in the swap. What I require is for Beedeejay to reply accordingly within this thread.

If i I could work out how to post multiple quote replies on my iPad i would, but I can't,

so I will thank everyone here,

Thanks all for the kind words in my favour,

as as I said I would love to participate again,

so

Beedeejay, Australia, Two Pens, yes

cheers Ben

David Mitchell
21st December 2014, 10:16 AM
David Mitchell 2. overseas yes :wink:

Christos
22nd December 2014, 12:39 PM
I have updated the list as of the last post prior to this.

corbs
22nd December 2014, 05:59 PM
Corbs, Australia, 1 Pen, Yes :)

Christos
29th December 2014, 03:14 PM
I have updated the list prior to this post.

Thank you

Beedeejay
14th January 2015, 12:35 AM
Hopefully there is a few more takers yet to put their names down

BamBam53
14th January 2015, 07:19 PM
BamBam53, New Zealand, one pen, yes

Christos
16th January 2015, 04:59 PM
BamBam53 I have added you to the list.

BamBam53
16th January 2015, 07:48 PM
If I had put 'BamBam53, New Zealand, 2 pens, No' would I be swapping with myself? :roll:

Christos
19th January 2015, 12:29 PM
Just to let everyone know I have had a far amount of things happening and it might be a little difficult for me to produce the list of swap partners on the 26th of January.

I have requested the help from one of the members on the forum Sawdust Maker to produce the list of swap partners.

Those that wish to participate please continue to post in this thread.

DaveTTC
19th January 2015, 03:23 PM
Now I might make mine at the get together

Dave the turning cowboy

turning wood into art

corbs
19th January 2015, 06:18 PM
Just to let everyone know I have had a far amount of things happening and it might be a little difficult for me to produce the list of swap partners on the 26th of January.

I have requested the help from one of the members on the forum Sawdust Maker to produce the list of swap partners.

Those that wish to participate please continue to post in this thread.

I'm not concerned with who does up the list and if it's out by a few days because of life then I'm not going to lose any sleep over it :2tsup:

Once the list is posted I will contact my partner and do my swap :)

sturina
19th January 2015, 09:03 PM
Sturina, Australia, 2 pens overseas= yes

Christos
20th January 2015, 07:21 AM
Sturina you have been added to the list.

Sawdust Maker
20th January 2015, 07:53 AM
My good nature prevailed upon again :doh:

Anyone wanting a particular partner? Anonymous donations to the Sawdust Maker Tool Fund gratefully accepted :o

simso
21st January 2015, 12:03 AM
shes still waiting approval for her first post on the forum, so posting so she's registered

wife

simsonicole, Australia, 1 pen, yes

Simsonicole
21st January 2015, 05:22 PM
2 pens please :)

shes still waiting approval for her first post on the forum, so posting so she's registered

wife

simsonicole, Australia, 1 pen, yes

Sawdust Maker
21st January 2015, 07:53 PM
2 pens please :)

local and os or os only?

Simsonicole
21st January 2015, 08:08 PM
local and os or os only? Local and/or overseas is fine

Mr Vic
25th January 2015, 04:02 AM
It "Wood Knot" be the New Year if I didn't participate again this year.

Mr Vic, USA, 1, yes

If it willl make the pairings match up I'll do 2 swaps.

SDB777
26th January 2015, 07:24 AM
Count me in please!!!
SDB777 - forum name
OS please!

Scott (love doing this one) B

wwneko
26th January 2015, 07:56 AM
wwneko, US, 2, YES

Sawdust Maker
26th January 2015, 08:03 AM
ok have put the following in
simsonicole
Mr Vic
SDN877
wwneko

the pairings will be up in about 10 minutes

Sawdust Maker
26th January 2015, 08:22 AM
Hello again, sorry for the delay

here's the link to the list (http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=191982&p=1839321#post1839321)

happy swapping