PDA

View Full Version : Persian Silk Tree

Shaty40
8th July 2005, 08:23 PM
I have just cut down a persian silk tree (Albizzia Julibrisson).
I understand that this wood is quite good for turning, so if anyone is interested they are welcome to the wood.
PM me if you are interested, l am in the Dandenongs east of Melbourne.

Tim:)

laurie ann
9th July 2005, 11:46 AM
hello all, i'm not new at reading your site but this is my first post. i would love to have some of the wood your offering but i live in los angeles, calif. usa. it would cost you or me a small fortune to send it here. i do just want to tell you that i love your forum. and you all have contributed to the ideas in my head.

thanks for being there.

laurie ann

Shaty40
10th July 2005, 10:42 AM
Welcome to the board Laurie Ann, don't be afraid to ask questions, and don't take offence at some of the answers you may get. We can be a sarcstic crowd on here , but there is never any offence intended.

Tim

:D :D

La truciolara
11th July 2005, 05:29 AM
hello all, i'm not new at reading your site but this is my first post. laurie annWeclome Laurie Ann
well... I am just a bit farther than you are...:)
and like you I am dreaming of these nice woods.

ROB NZ
11th July 2005, 09:29 PM
Nothing to do with wood-turning really, but more with Tim's tree, and perhaps a warning for Tim.

I cut down a really big Albizzia julibrissen ( referred to in our garden boooks as an Indian Silk Tree) a couple of years ago, dug down as far as I could, removed all of the substantial roots etc.

Next season new growth came up from the deep roots. Left uncut fo a season we now have about 6 year old saplings,which have to come out this winter.

More deep diggingwhich I'm not looking forward to.

Cheers,

Rob

Shaty40
11th July 2005, 11:55 PM
Rob, Just cut them down and paint stumps with blackberry and tree killer. Available at your lacal garden centre.

Then dig the stumps out in a few months time.

Tim