PDA

View Full Version : Offset pendant chuck

turnerted
5th March 2015, 04:46 PM
The latest copy of American Woodturner features a design for an offset pendant chuck by David Mueller.
I had just finished making a batch of offset pendants using my crude offset chuck , but when I saw this I threw mine in the bin and made one of Dave's chucks.
The first picture shows a few of the many designs possible . In the top row, the markings have been highlighted with spray paint and on the bottom row thay have been filled with coloured epoxy .
The second picture shows the chuck .The numbers represent the number of mm of offset . The pendant blanks are mounted on the centre fitting with double sided tape . This is fitting is also calibrated and rotatable by loosening a lock screw in the back of it.
Major advantages of the chuck are its light weight , repeatability and ease of construstion .

wheelinround
5th March 2015, 04:52 PM
Well done Ted the boys at OTGA would be lad to see you are heading in the right direction :U Will these be on display at Kiama?

turnerted
6th March 2015, 10:43 AM
Yes Ray.They'll be there ,along with a heap of other stuff .
Just finished loading the ute and will set off for Kiama in a couple of hours . We don't get access to the hall till 7.30 this evening so it could be a late night by the time we get everything set up .
Ted

dogcatcher
6th March 2015, 10:56 AM
For those that would like the plans to make this, Google "offset pendant chuck by David Mueller", there is a pdf on the Internet on it's construction.