PDA

View Full Version : Help needed on outdoor post ends

Gabriel
21st March 2015, 06:43 AM
Hey folks,

Time to own up-

Although I am happy to hack away at timber set up on a lathe and come out the other end with something that resembles a bowl or a pepper mill or the like, it is very rare that what I picture in my head ends up as the final product.

I'm a carpenter, and one of my builders great clients asked to fix their front fence with some missing tops to the posts. My builder instantly came to me with "you know how to use a lathe, give these a try" but alas.... My skill doesn't allow me to make anything that would slightly resemble the needed product.

What I'm after is someone who is able to turn these ends up (if the picture attachment works). I have plenty of H3 Pine that should be of adequate size. I need 3 done. They don't need to be EXACT as there are about 20 along the fence line and no two are the same, but all very similar. The house in question is over 100 years old, so I am guessing that when the fence was done, they were hand turned.

I would love it if I could watch the process so I could possibly one day actually achieve this task myself.

Obviously happy to pay, and I do realize that I could get them done professionally, but I figured there could be someone down my neck of the woods (S.E. Melbourne/ Mornington Peninsula - happy to travel) that would like a bit of pocket money and enjoys a challenge (if thats what it is) and I could have a chin wag with.

Thanks a bunch

Gabriel

chuck1
21st March 2015, 08:34 AM
I wish I was closer. I would be more than happy to turn them up!

dai sensei
21st March 2015, 09:04 AM
PM sent