PDA

View Full Version : Tea/coffee scoops.

Bluegum
28th March 2015, 02:40 PM
I've been experimenting with contrasting timbers for small projects such as loose tea and coffee scoops. I've used a combination on red cedar and hoop pine and then Huon pine and kwilla, finished with a light coating of bees wax. Left the cedar and hoop pine raw and all sanded up to 400 and then a bit of steel wool.Thoughts and suggestions welcome.

mark david
28th March 2015, 03:12 PM
Nice work:2tsup:
Did you think about maybe a shamfer on the inside/outside, or both edges of the bowl to give a sharper ege to scoop the tea?

Bluegum
29th March 2015, 11:41 AM
Nice work:2tsup:
Did you think about maybe a shamfer on the inside/outside, or both edges of the bowl to give a sharper ege to scoop the tea?

thanks there're Mark. Actually no I hadn't thought about doing a chamfered edge but I will next time. Thanks for the suggestion.

dai sensei
29th March 2015, 10:21 PM
Not a good idea to use steel wool on raw timber, small bits get caught in the timber fibres that you can't see, but you will in time as they rust :-

pommyphil
30th March 2015, 08:19 AM
Hi Dave Have you seen these ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bBPEZfsKww

Or you can cut them in half before you jamchuck them and finish up with these. 343426

Bluegum
1st April 2015, 03:56 PM
Hi Phil, they look great. Should definitely have a go myself. Thanks for posting.