PDA

View Full Version : Pens for Christmas 2015

Simomatra
20th April 2015, 04:08 AM
Hi all I am open to receive pens or donation to purchase pen kits. Please no timber I have plenty if anyone need some. There are more and more people being deployed so the need for pens has increase. Many thanks in advance Sam

wuzatrewunce
12th May 2015, 09:21 PM
Hi sam, what type of pen or style are you looking at ? Why not wooden ones? http://d1r5wj36adg1sk.cloudfront.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Simomatra
13th May 2015, 05:08 PM
[QUOTE=wuzatrewunce;1864646]Hi sam, what type of pen or style are you looking at ? Why not wooden ones? http://d1r5wj36adg1sk.cloudfront.net/images/smilies/smile.gif[/QUOTE

Hi we are looking at any pens, whatever can be supplied. If you look back through the photos you can see what has been getting made also you can see them on Facebook here https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pens-for-the-Troops/176548512472339 The timber I was refering to are timber blanks not pens made of timber. I have penty of timber to make pens with if anyone need some. I also have some kits in stock to be made up that were kindly donated by Amos, please PM me if you want some

Touchwood
30th June 2015, 11:51 PM
Hi, remember me!!!!

Not getting a lot of time to much of anything lately - thought it was all suppose to slow down as you got older!!!!!:o:o For me, it just seems to get busier. However, will certainly make up some more pens for Christmas. Am pleased to see that the Anzac pen number rose to a respectable number. I rode my horse at a Dawn Service and a Town march, him wearing my military saddle - original leathers with 1915, 1917 and 1922 stamps and military codes punched into it!!! A very special moment.

If you have kits you want made up as well I am happy to do a few - would prefer not slim or streamlines if that's not to precious!!!!

JD

Simomatra
1st July 2015, 05:03 PM
Well done Jenny I will see what I have in the goodies locker and I have some donation money to play with as well Will have a look in the morning playing nurse at the moment

Touchwood
2nd July 2015, 09:07 PM
Cool, no rush - school holidays start 3:20 tomorrow but who's counting!!! I'll be 'horsing' around for the next few days so no shed time ... yet!

JD

Simomatra
11th September 2015, 10:43 AM
The start of the pens for Christmas the kits donated by Graham aka Sundowner. Many thanks Graham I hope you are feeling better. Get soem more shed time soon and I have a guy coming next week to discuss some ideas for the Pens for the Troops

Simomatra
11th September 2015, 11:31 AM
Just received from Don Penrose many thanks they are wonderful. Thanks for the covers and the timber description as well

Simomatra
19th September 2015, 11:07 AM
Welcome to the Western Sydney Woodturners Inc Group Below are donations from two of its members Bob Taylor and Bob Williams.

The first is Bob Williams work. 15 pens from Bob Williams of Western Sydney Woodworkers Ins Group. Bob and his wife Beth delivered the pens in person yesterday. This is the third lot of pens that Bob has made for us. Many thanks Bob your pens and the work you do promoting our efforts are much appreciated

The second is Bob Taylor's work, welcome to the group Bob and many thanks for the pens they will be appreciated.

Simomatra
19th October 2015, 09:48 AM
Received these 49 pens and one pencil from the turners at the Western Sydney Wood Turners Inc arranged by Bob Williams. 20 kits were provided by Amos. I do have some names but not all so on behalf of the troops thanks you all concerned. Bob please pass on our thanks. I hope to have another money donation soon its in the pipe line. Many thanks Amos you are a legend. For those that do not know Amos was the person who started this running

Simomatra
20th October 2015, 01:53 PM
Although they use my name here this was received from the crew of this p[lane and is meant as a thank you to all who provided penc last Anzac Day Congratulations on a job well done

Sawdust Maker
20th October 2015, 03:52 PM
cool

artme
21st October 2015, 07:02 AM
Well done again Bruce and all the turners!! Top stuphph!!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

PenTurner
22nd October 2015, 02:51 PM
Great to see. Amos

Simomatra
28th November 2015, 02:07 PM
Many thanks to Graham aka Sundowner I have streamline kits if anyone wants to make some for the troops. There are also kits from one of Grahams mates who unfortunately has passed away. I have sent the first lot of pens to the troops if you have any please send them on to me. Many thanks to all those that have partaken this Christmas

Touchwood
8th December 2015, 09:41 PM
Hi
posted some pens last week so they should arrive soonish depending on how well the pigeons have been fed this week. Sadly my intentions and my actuality did not match, and should I write my own report (have written a couple of hundred school reports just recently) it would have to say "needs to allocate sufficient time to the task at hand" OR "requires better time management skills if tasks are to be done according to plans" OR "better use of a work planner would have seen the task completed more fully in the time allocated"!!!!! "Needs to try harder." :doh: Sorry, will try to do better in the future.
JD

Simomatra
15th December 2015, 09:56 AM
These beautiful pens were received from Jenny aka Touchwood, I have been a little busy but here they .. Jenny you are not the only one that runs out of time

Touchwood
15th December 2015, 12:37 PM
thanks Sam .. I received an envelope with a post officedate stamp reading 32 Sept 2015 ..... adding more days to the month might be the answer!!!!!!!:2tsup:

Simomatra
15th December 2015, 01:14 PM
Thanks Jenny all good even if the PO put extra days in. The troops will love your pens.

Just to let you know the local Vietnam and 2 Squadron are running a dinner show here next August and getting people to perform that performed for them in Nam. The person running it has asked for the memorabilia we have received to put on display with the forums name and what we do for the event @ squadron are getting freedom of the City here. All good for Pens for the Troops

PenTurner
16th December 2015, 11:09 PM
Thanks Jenny, your efforts appreciated, and now that you have 1 extra day in your month you will tons of time!:D.
Was speaking with a soldier two nights ago about PTSD, and the high number of suicides, every little bit helps, would like to think we can encourage and lift up some our comrades.
Amos:)
Ps i did give him a bullet pen and another pen to pass on to anyone needing encouragement,-- Sam I am a little late for this year, but am preparing for ANZAC day.

Simomatra
21st December 2015, 03:53 PM
Thanks Amos all good mate

Touchwood
22nd December 2015, 12:33 AM
Hi Amos,
we actually get two days from the Post Office ... 30 days hath September, April, June and November ......blah blah!! :wink: I can not imagine the stress they (the troops) would go through in their jobs ... teaching teenagers has it's moments and they don't carry guns!!! Not where I work anyway ...:2tsup:
I was offered some curly jarrah yesterday - of course I said yes - and will turn some more up whilst the sun shines!

JD