PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Woodnut & NcArcher

wheelinround
10th May 2015, 10:06 PM
Its things like this that this forum has been renown for.

I learnt that its always best to admit your limitations I had asked Woodnut Paul if he could wire up a reversing switch for my Myford ML 7.
I am not dumb to electrics if basic or even a little over that but this required expertise far outside my capabilities, after reading many a story on line of harrowing problems with the normal Compton Parkinson Motor and Normal brand Dewhurst switch I asked also NcArcher to come in to help out.

My motor is a Hoover and the switch although drum switch an Aussie brand Kelly.

The last wiring work done was by the fellow whom I purchased the lathe off.

Last week Paul came down from Patterson and not a well lad started but had to leave it when 2 wires to the relay fell off http://d1r5wj36adg1sk.cloudfront.net/images/smilies/standard/eek.gif Not his fault I saw what happend. It happened again today when Paul and Tony AKA NcArcher who came along as he has more experience with this sort of thing.

The whole process took a good part of the day to sort out the original wiring from switch to motor which had signs of scorch marks, also The mass of wires to the relay which was replaced as scorching had also happened to it.

Tony set thing straight sorted out and wired up the reversing switch late afternoon and he had a working situation. He has to come back to finish off but it all should fire up nicely.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Thanks heaps gents.

Ps sorry you missed out on the fresh ANZACS

Yes have a photo of them working hard will download latter.

wheelinround
11th May 2015, 02:13 PM
Woodnut & NcArcher

wheelinround
23rd May 2015, 06:43 PM
:D Tony and his beautiful daughter came over today. Tony got stuck in and its now up and running in both directions :woot::wave:

Thanks heaps Tony a first class job.

:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Now for me to just mount the new switch tomorrow.

NCArcher
23rd May 2015, 07:48 PM
My pleasure Ray. Like I said I don't get to play in the shed any more. I'm suffering shed withdrawal. Today should hold me over till the wood show :D Maybe.
Thanks for feeding us so well again Sue. :U

Pat
23rd May 2015, 08:51 PM
Tony, Ray doesn't have a shed, he has a tardis :q

NCArcher
23rd May 2015, 09:29 PM
There is a lot crammed in there. And there was that funny Wooop Wooop sound. But that may have been because of lunch :B

wheelinround
24th May 2015, 11:48 AM
There is a lot crammed in there. And there was that funny Wooop Wooop sound. But that may have been because of lunch :B

Lunch well you know who the cook was and Beth did a great job Sue enjoyed her time with her.

I guess you haven't heard Se mobile phone when it rings or her Cookie Jar (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSEWZrNIPGA) on the coffee table

I'll blame the dusty for the woooop wooop sounds

:B

wheelinround
27th May 2015, 04:07 PM
Damn winter chills slowed mounting the switch (http://woolnwood.blogspot.com.au/2015/05/its-just-bump-to-left-and-bump-to-right.html)all drilled and tapped to casting this morning works like a dream.