PDA

View Full Version : Future Proof variable speed lathe

rodm
20th July 2005, 10:57 PM
A perfect lathe when fossul fuel runs out. Totally variable speed and you probably can run it backwards too.
Proper dress would of course be lycra but I suggest a nail bag as there is no need to skite in the shed. :D

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=12&item=7337873693&rd=1

rsser
22nd July 2005, 08:24 PM
Bah, new fangled stuff.

What's wrong with a pole lathe?

rodm
22nd July 2005, 10:39 PM
:D

Captain Chaos
22nd July 2005, 11:01 PM
Hey, who's been snooping around my workshop & taking all those illegal pictures.:eek: That was s'posed to be my greatest invention.:o just had a few bugs to iron out & then see about puttin one o' them patient thingamejigs on it. Oh well the secrets outta the bag now. Use & enjoy.:D
Barry.

rsser
23rd July 2005, 08:19 AM
Bad luck CC.

As they say, it's not building a better mousetrap that's the problem, it's reaching your market before Microsoft integrates it into the Windows operating system ;-}

Captain Chaos
23rd July 2005, 09:34 AM
Very true Ern.
I can just see it now - "Microsoft sues weekend woodturner for alleged copyright infringements in development of a radical new Human Power woodlathe!!!" :eek::eek::D
Take good care,
Barry.

rsser
23rd July 2005, 10:37 AM
Yep.

Or, if your technology looked really good, they'd take you over and announce a wonderful new advance :cool: