PDA

View Full Version : What a great mate

BlackbuttWA
19th August 2015, 12:21 PM
A mate called me & asked if I was interested in some "Jam" & "Wandoo", it was about 2 hrs away.

All delivered to my door & cut to manageable lengths.

The Jam (Acacia acuminata ) 1 log about 300mm & 900mm, several logs about 200mm & several smaller branches all over 100mm diameter.
The Wandoo ( Eucalyptus wandoo) are mostly about 300mm .
All cut up, sealed & stacked .
Left photo shows larger Jam, Centre shows smaller Jam & the right photo shows the Wandoo.

It's great to have mates.

Col

Bluegum
19th August 2015, 03:02 PM
You got to be happy with that Col. Nice score, green eyed monster happening here. :U

dai sensei
19th August 2015, 07:11 PM
Great score :2tsup:

I love that Jam :cool:

BobL
19th August 2015, 07:25 PM
Jam - YUM!

What's the story with the picture of the shed?

John Saxton
19th August 2015, 07:40 PM
Well done Col,a nice pick up from a nice bloke.I have some Jam that I have had stored for a number of years given to me from a friendly cockie out at Brookton .I'm going to turn some of it soon for a couple of pepper grinders.
Haven't turned Wandoo ,have some growing here,know how hard it is having cut some with a chainsaw some time back I reckon the chisels will have to be extra keen for Wandoo as it's hard stuff.

Cheers:)

Willy Nelson
21st August 2015, 12:01 AM
Jam is absolutely superb to turn. You get a lovely sheen straight off the chisel, wonderful smell. I have just finished some pens in curly jam, stunning.

Wandoo. Well, I swear it makes concrete fell like fluffy pilllows. I reckon I lose 1/2 inch of chisel for every platter. It can look stunning though
Cheers
Willy
Jarrahland

BlackbuttWA
21st August 2015, 12:18 PM
Yeah, very pleased with that haul.
He phoned again yesterday, says he has another 26 Jam varying from 200mm to 300mm diameter.
Off with the 8 x 5 ft twin axle trailer next Mon.

Photo of shed....put up by mistake, & can't see how to remove it. Photo shows in the final stages of completion.
For those interested the shed is the new home for http://mandurahwoodturners.com/ which has been in the pipeline for 10 years now.

We shared the last shed with the scouts & had very limited use of it.
It's great to have our very own shed at last.
New photos shows logs all sealed & stacked.
Cheers
Col

dai sensei
21st August 2015, 07:01 PM
Hope all the logs are sealed well. Also put something ever them so they are not directly in the sun