PDA

View Full Version : Table Saws

28th July 2005, 01:53 PM
Can any forumites give me any information on the KS12K 12inch table saw?Thanks in advance ......AL

zenwood
28th July 2005, 02:23 PM
Yep.

http://www.carbatecwa.com.au/products/large/KS12K.jpg

see http://www.gtp.com.au/cgi-bin/icommerce3/order/formclassic.cgi?file=woodstock&display=495&id=KS12K

Get to know google: it's your friend.

28th July 2005, 04:48 PM
Yea,thanks Zenwood.Been there,done that,was hoping a forumite might have had one.Am interested in their views.Regards ...........AL

zenwood
28th July 2005, 06:12 PM
Yea,thanks Zenwood.Been there,done that,was hoping a forumite might have had one.Am interested in their views.Regards ...........AL Sorry: don't have one.

At least it was better than something Al might've done.

"Dunno" or something along those lines...

Cheers 46150. Interesting name you've got there.

TassieKiwi
28th July 2005, 06:28 PM
I wish I had a 12".......saw:D

Mick C.
28th July 2005, 08:08 PM
Hi, I have the same saw, but is branded as a Rexon, same model number. I got mine secondhand, was very grubby, so i stripped it down and fresh bearings etc, even retrued the arbor on the lathe, i dunnno if it was just bad or someone had an accident with it, but it had considerable runout! Mine came with a different fence, crap compared to the one in the pic. But in all, for the money, i think it is fine, but is also the first saw i have owned, but it will do very accurate cuts for me after being tuned ofcourse. I have built a biesemeyer style fence and use an Incra mitre gauge, and i have no trouble with repeatability of cuts etc... Prolly one point, well with mine anyway, it doesnt have " T " mitre slots, it doesnt bother me, but i know some here may dissagree???? Hope that helps! :)

28th July 2005, 08:17 PM
Yea,thanks Mickc.Thats what i was after,bit of local information.Will go to the Adelaide TWW Show and see if i can rattle some cages.Regards..........AL

himzol
28th July 2005, 08:21 PM
I've got Timbercon's version of the saw. I've had no trouble with it but there are others that have. most of the problems seem to be with the splitter.

there have been discussions about the saw on previous post, It's a bit of a cop out on my part but if you do a search on KS12K then all the posts should be available to you.

regards,

Himzo

Mick C.
28th July 2005, 08:41 PM
Mine came with nothigng at all in the way of a splitter or riving knife or overhead guard! ( best not ask what i am using :O ) but for $500 for a saw that had done almost no work, i'm happy :)

29th July 2005, 11:02 AM
Having read some of the threads regarding this model,theres a lot to be desired as to the splitter and guard set up.Given,that these comments were made in 2004,i wonder if any mods were made to overcome these problems?Regards.AL