PDA

View Full Version : Lapport Record 6 Stone . .

TrickinWood
3rd September 2015, 02:31 PM
I suppose this thread could go elsewhere, but thought because we sharpen a lot, it would do well here for information.

I found this in a box of junk in a Garage Sale, and was with a lot of Musical Equipment, turnatable's, Mic's and so on.
I initially thought, (bc of the branding) that it was some sort of weight for a turntable, in the undercarriage, but now looking on the interweb, I see it is a very old sharpening stone, mage in Germany. There is very little information on it, actually.

Has anyone every come across one of these ?? I'm guessing its more of a honing stone, with a superfine grit and a lager grit side, denoted by the colour.

So the question is, is it a oil stone ? Water Stone ? or dry stone ?? I can find only 1 page with Lapport Record 6 and very little else. Its quie old looking at the box its in.

I don't want to ruin it, by applying oil to it, when it should be something else . . Any thoughts ??

Cheers

Osbojo
3rd September 2015, 03:12 PM
A quick browse on the internet suggests it's an Arkansas stone designed for straight (cutthroat) razors. If that's the case then I guess it's a waterstone